4 weeks n/c and now get irrational thoughts.

Its been 4 weeks n/c neither of us have tried to break it in any way. Im excepting its over trying to heal and on the whole feel a lot better than when it 1st happened.

But over the last couple of days i keep getting this weird feeling that at some point we are going to get back together. Reasons for this are that my ex was very down when she broke it off. Also she had paniced and run in the past with me, saying that it was everything that she wanted but could not handle a relationship. It was the best relationship she had ever had, she had always been treated like crap in past. We never had any proper row`s or disagrements, and also fancied eachother a lot. Everything was there but for some reason she said she wanted to be on her own,which i do believe.

Also can a break up letter ever be to strong, as in the dumper trying to really convince there selfs, they dont want it, or to really push you away??

As in after no rows and still got on well, saying i never want to be in a relationship of any sort with anyone ever again. And it wouldnt bother me now if you want to go with anyone else. And i wont regret this in 12 months or two years time. And please respect me and never contact me again. And if we should ever bump into eachother we should be friendly and thats all.

ps im not trying to hang onto thoughts of gettin back with my ex , (even though i prob would but not so deep again for a long while if it ever happened) I dont want these thoughts but it seems so strange and doesnt make sense that she should cut me dead, and i have a very real feeling that at some point something may come of it.

Any thoughts on my weird thoughts?

As in after no rows and still got on well, saying i never want to be in a relationship of any sort with anyone ever again. And it wouldnt bother me now if you want to go with anyone else. And i wont regret this in 12 months or two years time. And please respect me and never contact me again. And if we should ever bump into eachother we should be friendly and thats all.

I'm sure she thinks this now but none of it is true. She may be depressed or have some other issues that she needs to work out. She's not happy and thinks being with you is the reason. She's wrong but you can't tell her any of it, she has to figure it out herself.

4 weeks isn't that long. It takes a good while for feelings to change. Try not to think about her too much and work on yourself. There's nothing you can do, she has to be on her own to figure out what she wants.

I'm sure she thinks this now but none of it is true. She may be depressed or have some other issues that she needs to work out. She's not happy and thinks being with you is the reason. She's wrong but you can't tell her any of it, she has to figure it out herself.

4 weeks isn't that long. It takes a good while for feelings to change. Try not to think about her too much and work on yourself. There's nothing you can do, she has to be on her own to figure out what she wants.

Yeah true rob, im not trying to hold out any hope, its just this stupid though ive got in my head the last couple of days. Im trying to move forward get fit etc. Just in the end she didnt seem to be making any sense, talking very down about everything, not just us but life in genral, and when we actually spoke she said i was the only thing or person to make her laugh that last week before we went n/c.

Suppose i just carry on getting on with things and if any thing ever happens between us so be it. Im trying at momment not to bump into her in bars etc

Something similar happened to me, except I didn’t even get a letter like yours, she just disappeared (we were in a long distance relationship and she was about to move to my city). I know she was going through a lot of stress and finally blew up… I’m sure she thinks I was the reason (and she may be right). I haven’t heard from her for almost four months even though I begged her to let me go. I’ve comes to terms that she has to go through whatever she has to go through, work on all the issues she has and that in the future we may get another chance…. Just not now because even though I’m in a good place she isn’t.

But like you, I cant help but feel like its not over yet.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived