how truthful do you ladies think this list is? to me, some of it applies, but for the most part, this is some idiot on MSN that just made this up. i think it's pretty lame and offbase.

1. When you wear a T-shirt, boxers, and socks to bed, somehow he still thinks you're cute.

2. He doesn't laugh when you pronounce former hockey star Mark Messier's name as "Mark Messy-er."

3. The only framed photo on his bureau is of you at age ten — with short bangs, cat glasses, and metal braces. (If he kept it in his wallet, you would have to kill him.)

4. He automatically smooshes all spiders for you.

5. He tried — unsuccessfully, but he tried — to clean the rust ring his shaving-cream can left on the sink.

6. After you rear-ended that Lexus in the parking lot, his very first words were "Are you OK?"

7. At this point, his wedding band is so tight, it makes his finger look swollen — but he swears he'd feel naked without it.

8. He doesn't try to guess what you want for your birthday — he asks your best friend.

9. He's incapable of putting dishes into the dishwasher but has learned to stack them in the sink.

10. He understands which old boyfriends are fair game and which aren't.

11. He doesn't "whoop!" while watching the Super Bowl anymore. OK, he does, but he's definitely cut back the whooping by about 20 percent.

12. He'll pick up a box of tampons at the drugstore without wincing.

13. Though you've had several kids together, he's never once announced, "We're pregnant!"

14. He wears that "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" sweatshirt you bought him during a weak moment — sometimes even in public.

15. He's careful never to deal with nose hairs in your presense.

16. When you drag him to sentimental movies, he doesn't sit there and snicker. (He may fall asleep, but he won't snicker.)

17. He doesn't comment on your new haircut unless you ask him to. And then he lies.

18. He may forget to give you a card for Valentine's Day, but at least he understands this is a criminal offense. And he's prepared to pay the price.

To me, there's just way too much stereotyping, like the ignorant and boorish kind of man, and the more intelligent and emotional sort of woman. Just about every sitcom on TV seems to be based around this.

I agree. Everyone is different...there is no 'one list' that will help you determine if your man loves you.

1. Yep.

2. He doesn't watch or care about hockey. If I mispronounced something else, he'd correct me but wouldn't laugh. I would WANT him to correct me so I don't look like an idiot when other people are around.

3. I wasn't ugly at age 10, but this would creep me out in general.

4. Why? They're not hurting anything.

5. He probably would sooner pay for cleaning staff.

6. Sure he'd ask if I'm okay. Then he'd wish I had picked a different car to ram into.

7. He'd get it resized before his finger fell off. He wouldn't let himself get so bloated though.

8. He IS my best friend. And he'd get my birthday gift more right than anyone else.

9. He'd put them into the dishwasher. He's not a zoo animal.

10. I have no clue what the person meant by this one.

11. He wouldn't resign himself to "whoop!"ing... Or watching sports.

12. Sure.

13. N/A. But if we DID have kids, why would I not want him announcing we're pregnant? I'm confused by this one too.

14. I wouldn't buy him a stupid sweater in the first place. If it was a nice one, sure he'd wear it.

15. We both have great personal grooming habits.

16. He'd watch it. I wouldn't take him to a dumb movie anyway.

17. He wouldn't have to lie.

18. He would saw off his right arm before forgetting a card for V-Day.

i'm wondering who should be fired for letting this go to post.

Once we fire them, can we start working on pink slips for the women's magazine editors who choose to feature a photograph of a 4 layer chocolate cake on the cover of the magazine.....next to a headline about an article on weight loss?

It's not just television that's a vast wasteland......

1. When you wear a T-shirt, boxers, and socks to bed, somehow he still thinks you're cute. I think for the most part, this is true. When you are married it's nice to feel comfortable enough to hang out together in PJ's.

2. He doesn't laugh when you pronounce former hockey star Mark Messier's name as "Mark Messy-er." This is pretty random & meaningless.

3. The only framed photo on his bureau is of you at age ten — with short bangs, cat glasses, and metal braces. (If he kept it in his wallet, you would have to kill him.) I'd hate it if my husband displayed that. We have a few photos of ourselves as kids on display in the living room. But the ones of me with a mullet are BARRED - as a kid I wanted to ook like "Cindy Lauper" ew

4. He automatically smooshes all spiders for you. I don't kill spiders, I let them go outside. I'd be grossed out if he smushed them.

5. He tried — unsuccessfully, but he tried — to clean the rust ring his shaving-cream can left on the sink. Hell would be more likely to freeze over.

6. After you rear-ended that Lexus in the parking lot, his very first words were "Are you OK?" This is true.

7. At this point, his wedding band is so tight, it makes his finger look swollen — but he swears he'd feel naked without it. Mine nevers wears his wedding band due to his line of work- but he tattooed my name on his arm so that was flattering.

8. He doesn't try to guess what you want for your birthday — he asks your best friend. He asks me directly.

9. He's incapable of putting dishes into the dishwasher but has learned to stack them in the sink. He puts them in the dishwasher, most of the time because I refuse to even touch dishes that have been left in the sink.

10. He understands which old boyfriends are fair game and which aren't. Not really applicable in my situation- we met as teenagers.

11. He doesn't "whoop!" while watching the Super Bowl anymore. OK, he does, but he's definitely cut back the whooping by about 20 percent. He never whooped- thank god!

12. He'll pick up a box of tampons at the drugstore without wincing. I never ask him to do this, it's just wrong.

13. Though you've had several kids together, he's never once announced, "We're pregnant!" We've had one and he only told close family and friends.

14. He wears that "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" sweatshirt you bought him during a weak moment — sometimes even in public. N/A but he does wear some of the goofy boxers I have bought him.

15. He's careful never to deal with nose hairs in your presense. True

16. When you drag him to sentimental movies, he doesn't sit there and snicker. (He may fall asleep, but he won't snicker.) He won't go lol

17. He doesn't comment on your new haircut unless you ask him to. And then he lies. He usually notices when I've had a haircut and says it looks nice (probably because he's used to seeing me run around frazzled with wet hair from the shower and not taking the time I used to on my hair)

18. He may forget to give you a card for Valentine's Day, but at least he understands this is a criminal offense. And he's prepared to pay the price. He has been very good about cards. To me the chocolate was always far more important than the cards anyway.

Right I have no husband but I'll answer this with "boyfriend" just for the lulz

1. When you wear a T-shirt, boxers, and socks to bed, somehow he still thinks you're cute.

My boyfriend does still tell me I look beautiful even when I'm weaing no makeup with unwashed hair and unsexy pyjamas.

2. He doesn't laugh when you pronounce former hockey star Mark Messier's name as "Mark Messy-er."

Errr we're Europeans...Hockey isn't such a big thing here, I have no idea who this guy is and I doubt my boyfriend does either, we're not sports fans.

3. The only framed photo on his bureau is of you at age ten — with short bangs, cat glasses, and metal braces. (If he kept it in his wallet, you would have to kill him.)

No I would hate that, he does have all pictures of me he's seen saved on his computer in a file, the Valentine's card I sent him by his bed along with the necklace I left there by accident because it still smells of my perfume apparently (Yes we're a LDR)

4. He automatically smooshes all spiders for you.

I would feel sorry for the spiders, even though I'm scared of them. I have asked him not to do that if I'm around.

5. He tried — unsuccessfully, but he tried — to clean the rust ring his shaving-cream can left on the sink.

We don't live together as we're in different countries, but the lazy thing did make the effort to clean his room when I was coming over to visit.

6. After you rear-ended that Lexus in the parking lot, his very first words were "Are you OK?"

We don't live togetjher, I can't drive, he loves his car though but he let me name it!

7. At this point, his wedding band is so tight, it makes his finger look swollen — but he swears he'd feel naked without it.

Well I can't answer this one although he does have a keyring I gave him that's got an engraved personal message I had translated into Danish for him, he has this huge collection of keyrings but the only one that's on his keys is mine

8. He doesn't try to guess what you want for your birthday — he asks your best friend.

Well the only communication he's had with my best friend is when she said she was going to make him fill out a questionaire to see whether she approves of him dating her best friend and he's replied with "Yeah I'll pass 100%, when will I get the test?". With presents, my birthday is right after christmas so I don't mind that he can't surprise me for both so soon, yet his christmas present for me was his own idea completley and incredibley sweet

9. He's incapable of putting dishes into the dishwasher but has learned to stack them in the sink.

He puts his dishes in the dishwasher.

10. He understands which old boyfriends are fair game and which aren't.

He doesn't mind if I mention my ex because he says that I'm with him now so it doesn't really matter.

11. He doesn't "whoop!" while watching the Super Bowl anymore. OK, he does, but he's definitely cut back the whooping by about 20 percent.

Again, not a sports fan.

12. He'll pick up a box of tampons at the drugstore without wincing.

Never had to do that but he doesn't get all awkward when I have to mention that I can't do certain stuff because of my time of the month, he's pretty casual about it...still I'm not

13. Though you've had several kids together, he's never once announced, "We're pregnant!"

I don't want kids. I am too mentally fragile for the pressure, it's a bridge me and him will cross when we get to it as we're both young.

14. He wears that "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" sweatshirt you bought him during a weak moment — sometimes even in public.

He's not Irish he's Danish.

15. He's careful never to deal with nose hairs in your presense.

Oh he did joke about it at least while I was last there.

16. When you drag him to sentimental movies, he doesn't sit there and snicker. (He may fall asleep, but he won't snicker.)

Stereotype alert! I *hate* romantic comedies and I am the one who sits and snickers! He doesn't care for them much either but there's the odd one he likes and I make fun of him all the time for it.

17. He doesn't comment on your new haircut unless you ask him to. And then he lies.

I've had long blonde hair for years and years and years, he did say my hair looked nice when I went from blonde to platinum blonde which surprised me as I didn't think he'd notice, yet he noticed before my own mother.

18. He may forget to give you a card for Valentine's Day, but at least he understands this is a criminal offense. And he's prepared to pay the price.

We discussed what we'd do for Valentine's because it's bigger in England than it is in Denmark, and we both agreed to do cards, thereforee if he forgot it'd be annoying. However he made me a card that was really personal to us and it was cute.

I think if women read this and expect life to be that way they're fooling themselves

Agreed...........

Adding my notes on the list:

4 - I have a dog that does this for me

5 - he's actually better at this than I am!

6 - he's done this (although didn't involve a lexus)

16 - he cries along with me (hiding his face just like I do too!)

Ha! People have wondered if I'm gay because I do my own dishes and laundry and cooking, but almost none of the stuff on this list applies to me. I feel my being able to do those things myself, rather than needing a woman to do them for me, is a sign of independence rather than what my sexuality might be.

uhm, okay? this article is about a girl and how great her man is. i do my own dishes and laundry and all that too man. i have to. no gf/wife.

Archived