looking for some advice..

sunflowers1

an ex of mine recently got back in touch.I put off meeting for a few weeks and he was to get back in touch to arrange to meet up this week which he did.However he had to cancel the day due to work commitmnets but asked me was there another day that was more convenient.Originally it was to be for lunch but suggested now a later time in the day which is neither lunch or dinner but seems more like a drink..Email was just a one liner with a suggested time but no venue so I then had to write back asking about a venue.

Anyway that night I went to the cinema and was thinking.Am in a really good place at moment and have a few things coming up like a big trip away and some weekends away.Am worried that he will do what he usually does contact me meet up and then nothing and I know this will devastate me and distract me probably ruin my holiday.So instead of mailing back asking about a venue I mailed him asking why he wants to meet me?I got back a one liner saying he was curious.thinking of now not meeting him or writing back that he is being very mysterious and he is not giving me very much information as to why he wants to meet up?ADVICE PLEASE (especially from guys..)

curious? thats not good enough for you. tell him to be honest ?

or just say what u wanted, that he is not giving enough information for why.

i realize that its kinda petty, he wants to see you, and if u wanted to see him you would without a reason. however he knows why he wants to meet u, and u want to know his intentions.

thnaks cruzer

Should probably be running a mile..but one part of me wonders will I regret not meeting up.unlikely that he is changed.. just going to end up feeling like there's something wrong with me if i stay in this situation. This guy wants the best of both worlds. Sex and a pseudo relationship with no responsibility at all towards me.

thnaks cruzer

Should probably be running a mile..but one part of me wonders will I regret not meeting up.unlikely that he is changed.. just going to end up feeling like there's something wrong with me if i stay in this situation. This guy wants the best of both worlds. Sex and a pseudo relationship with no responsibility at all towards me.

You could meet him and see what he has to say, but guard your heart. However, given his response that he is curious it doesn't sound like he has changed. Someone who really wants to get back together with you would spell it out and not be so cryptic.

I don't think you are ready to meet up. I would only meet an ex when I was 100% in that good place and no matter what they said, it wouldn't faze me.

Doesn't sound like your there. I'm also thinking of your holiday - don't spoil it for some guy that doesn't sound he gives an F about your feelings. If you need to meet him due to thinking what if, why not do it after the holiday?

The problem is......

No man is going to say, I want to meet to talk about getting back together. Every man knows that once you say that, the chances of reconciliation go to zero.

If you know ex ante why he wants to meet, then if he tells you during the meeting why you should get back together or how he's changed, you're much less likely to be receptive to it...because now you hold all the cards and you've had plenty of time to think about exactly what he wants to talk about with a clear mind. But if he's mysterious and curious like he's being, then all you're thinking about is why he wants to talk...not what you would do if he asked to get back together.

Anyways, if you truly want to know more about his intentions, then you could email him something.

I assure you I'm doing well. Thanks for being curious. If curiosity is the only reason you want to meet, then I'd prefer not to. Thanks for being in touch.

Best,

X

It sounds as though you have a history of allowing these games with this guy. Why not turn the tables and just quit his scene?

If he's that into you, he knows how to contact you. If he's really all about the kind of reunion you'd want, then he knows how to sell it to you. Otherwise, stop selling yourself short.

In your corner.

Archived