Ladies would you date a man shorter than you??

lovethyself

Okay i met this girl over the phone through work and we've really been hitting it off for about a month now over the phone. We have great chemistry, same sense of humor and we both like to give each other a hard time. We literally talk at least two hours on the phone each night and really click. We've even sent eachother pictures through our phones and are very attracted to eachother. Theres only one problem...Today i found out she was 5'10 and im only 5 foot 7..Although it wouldn't really bother me because i've always fancied taller girls, i just couldn't help but think that its a big issue for her. She's told me that i was everything she looks for in man (ambitious,intelligent, funny, sweet, good hearted, and of course attractive.)and everyone she's dated turns out to be an a-hole or she just loses interest. I know that if we were around the same height it would a match made in heaven but unfortunately thats not the case. What i wanna know is if height really is a BIG deal to girls?? Is it something you could get over quickly if the guy is really someone your intereseted in??

No one here is going to give you the answer you really want - it's HER opinion that matters and this is a matter of preference. Some women do prefer a taller man, some are comfortable with a man of any height.

The key is to not let it affect your confidence. If she sees that you are uncomfortable with the difference in height, it might reduce the attraction.

used to believe that I couldn't be interested or date someone shorter than me, especially if I were wearing high heels which I almost always. That is until recently when I met a guy that is so awesome that height is not an issue at all for me. In fact, I'm a little worried that he might have issues with me being slightly taller and I'm also worried that I can't wear high heels around him because I don't want to make him feel uncomfortable yet it's hard for me to give up wearing high heels. I really like this guy and I hope that he'll ask me out!

I've done it. He was super cute and funny, so he was worth giving up high heels for awhile. Luckily, he was also really flaky, so I didn't have to give up high heels forever!

It will depend on her. Some tall women don't care, others care a lot.

I've dated a few men shorter than myself in my life. It never worked. It's uncomfortable dancing with a shorter man and people do stare. I can take a few stares, but this was constant. I stick to men over 6' now, as I am fairly tall, 5'8". But if the right guy came along? Nah, I'm with the right guy. Still, if I was single and a great guy came along who was shorter than me, I'd have to think about it.

I've dated a few men shorter than myself in my life. It never worked. It's uncomfortable dancing with a shorter man and people do stare. I can take a few stares, but this was constant. I stick to men over 6' now, as I am fairly tall, 5'8". But if the right guy came along? Nah, I'm with the right guy. Still, if I was single and a great guy came along who was shorter than me, I'd have to think about it.

Just curious, did it never work because of just the height? Or did it not work because there was really never a strong connection between you and your dates? I'm wondering if a guy has a lot of other great characteristics if some girls could look past being taller. I know its more of a preference and it depends on the girl but do girls automatically look and think "no" right away, or do they think "i'll give him a chance"?

Well, you can continue to see her. But I would also be working on getting other dates as well. Chances are she has / or will have a problem with it, I know speaking from experience as a 5'7" guy. You have to keep in mind that preference for taller guys is not just like preference for bacon on a cheeseburger. It has a strong genetic component. It doesn't matter how "confident" you are, it might not matter. Keep it light, be confident, judge how she acts and reacts, but don't get too attached.

One thing is for sure, it does depend on the woman. Usually I find that women who are actually taller mind less so than their shorter counter parts. I am just under 5'10" and am currently seeing a man who is 5'7". He too says that he is turned on by my height and the chemistry and conversations totally make up for it. I would make it clear to her that her height isn't something you are worried about. If you happen to also be a legs man.. no harm in also letting her know that. Keep us updated.

While I might not be immediately attracted to a guy much shorter than me, I would have absolutely no problem dating such a guy if I knew him and were attracted to him emotionally/intellectually. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you! It's not like you're especially short, anyway. And as a taller girl, I'm sure she knows what it feels like to be slighted for her height, and is less likely to do the same for an otherwise perfect man. I wish you the best.

I don't know if I just have short guy karma or something, but nearly all the men I've dated and my short list of serious relationships were with guys shorter than me. I've dated a few men taller than me, but for some reason my longest involvements were eye-to-eye (literally) or me a couple of inches taller (I'm 5'6"). I have actually been wildly infatuated with a couple of men who might have been considered almost "petite" for men, but they were well-proportioned (which is more important to me, lookswise.) This is not to say that I wouldn't like someone a bit taller, ideally, like 5'10'-6' (a guy can be TOO tall, as well), but in the end I just am not even thinking about it once I'm into him.

Safe to say, I can easily look past height, and be attracted. You said she saw a lot of great things in you, in your OP and those are the very things that I'd be focused on, as well. Now she might be more concerned about height than I, but she's already really digging you, and so the ball is rolling along in your favor. Even if she has a moment of surprise, I'm willing to bet she'll soon be used to it.

Face is still THE most important feature, to me. If you have a good-looking face and a great smile, that goes a long, long way.

My relationships with shorter men did not work because they had this absurd need to "prove" their masculinity by cheating on me constantly. Every single short guy I dated did this, it got old. The taller men I have dated, with the exception of one, did not cheat. This is my main reason I don't date short men, that and the staring.

hey well im 5'8...and thats one thing that i always consider. I dont shorter guys but u never know...if i fell madly in love..i cant say never say never..but i guess i do not allow myself to get attracted to them..its just a preference..im jsut being honest..but one inch isnt so bad...

Every girl is different..so dont be discouraged..some girls dont mind at all..

I guess i'm just curious to know if LOVE would overule anything physical?? I know that guys for the most part are very visual when it comes to things like looks and sex and girls for the most part are more emotionally attatched and think with their hearts. This isn't the first time a tall girl has liked me but i don't know if its just something they want to have fun with or if they think they could actually be serious with me. I'm not a bad looking guy, i work out alot and have a good physique but i'm short for guy standards and 5'10 is almost 6 feet. Don't get me wrong i def don't mind she's taller in fact i love it but theres certain things i wouldn't be able to do for her that a tall guy would(laying her head on my shoulder, dancing comfortably, feeling protected). Girls, are these things IMPORTANT factors or would you be interested more in personality, humor, ambitions, morals, respect, strong worth ethic...things that MAKE you a man

I am almost 5'8 and all my ex bf's have been about my height, between 5'7 and 5'9. I don't know if this makes me shallow but I wouldn't want to date anyone shorter than 5'7. Personally, I would rather find a guy taller than me. 5'10 and up, but you can't always control who you are attracted to/fall for.

but theres certain things i wouldn't be able to do for her that a tall guy would(laying her head on my shoulder, dancing comfortably, feeling protected). Girls, are these things IMPORTANT factors or would you be interested more in personality, humor, ambitions, morals, respect, strong worth ethic...things that MAKE you a man

Give me a man who scores high in all those other respects, and height becomes negligibly important. To me.

Because in the end, you have to live with who this person is. And I've found that there are so many ways a man's attitude can doom a relationship for those other factors you mentioned, if I had a rare gem who treated me well and respected me and had the personal flair and passion to match, shoots, if it comes in a 5'4" package (one of my exes), bring it on.

It's so hard to find a really good man, I can't afford to make putting my head comfortably on his shoulder a decisive matter. I'll scootch down on the seat if I need to.

And feeling physically protected by a taller man is a good feeling, but if he's a chivalrous shorter man, that'll stand in.

I'm a 5'3" guy, myself, and it kinda sucks. To be honest, though, I'd kinda prefer to be with a taller girl. Unfortunately, for that to happen, said short guy needs to pretty much ooze charisma and confidence, which I don't. Everyone always advises "Oh, so just date girls shorter than you", but for one, like I said, I don't really like that idea; and secondly, many of the girls I know in my age range are at least an inch or two taller than me. Any girls I've met in passing that ARE my height or shorter are usually old enough to be my mother, or even grandmother. T_T

Archived