Confused need help to Understand..

Loki71
How to leave an abusive relationshi...
How to leave an abusive relationship and why it's so hard

Ok maybe someone can explain this to me please. My ex says she has no one to support her. So I told her I am always here for her if she needs to talk. Yet when I offer to listen she rejects it. She says "she is at a tough time in her life right now and can't use my support cause it comes with strings attached." I may be a little slow but what is that supposed to mean? All I am offering to do is listen to her I don't expect it to bring us back together or anything.

Ok maybe someone can explain this to me please. My ex says she has no one to support her. So I told her I am always here for her if she needs to talk. Yet when I offer to listen she rejects it. She says "she is at a tough time in her life right now and can't use my support cause it comes with strings attached." I may be a little slow but what is that supposed to mean? All I am offering to do is listen to her I don't expect it to bring us back together or anything.

She probably doesn't want to be attached to you again (like she said) - doesn't want to be so dependent of you since you guys are no longer together.

If you really want to help, then i think you should offer again. Maybe she wants to test how sincere you are/if you really want to help her or you're just saying it because she was once your girlfriend.

Sometimes being an ex, it is hard to accept any kind of 'support' from the person we were involved with, especially if there was a lot of pain involved.

Some people react differently to offers of help from people. She may be trying to distance herself from you, she may not know how to accept help. The best advice I could offer would be to not force the issue. If she wants to cry on your shoulder, she will.

Archived