They ignore my daughters and its kiiling me

mentalm
Friendship Casts Away the Dark Shad...
Friendship Casts Away the Dark Shadows of Life

I really need advice folks i have two daughters age 10 and 13 we live in a small housing estate where there is only four other girls two of which are sisters and one of which was my youngest daughters best friend up until last year when her mum had a birthday party and didnt invite my little girl ,both i and she where gobsmacked as these girls went to school together in the same car and practically lived together., How could she be so mean and unconsiderate. ,Anyway a year on my girls reacted to her while out playing in a defensive way after being truly hurt and where mean saying silly things like your cats ugly when i found this out i made them apologise., But now these four girls walk up and down to each others houses and they never call for my girls, I am devastated to an unhealthly level i just cant cope with the fact they treat them like lepers ](*,) Wat can i do ? ,I want to explode its causing me so much pain i cant get rid of this feeling I want my girls out having fun hellllllllllllllllp!

Unfortunately mom there is not a lot you can do. Your daughters are going thru what many kids go thru and that is learning how to interact socially and socialize with others. We as parents want to shield and protect but in these types of friendship dynamics it is best to let the girls resolve it for themselves.

My experience with my own daughter (this issue seems worse for girls, my son never went thru this) was that when these types of ostracizations occurred they ended almost as fast as they started. Young kids don't normally hold grudges for long periods of time...i'd be willing to guess that your involvement in trying to 'fix' this might actually do more harm than good as they will perceive your kids as weak and needing mommy to fix it.

Well, this is typical behaviour for children. I remember going through that kind of crap when I was a child. There is not much you can do except talk to the mother..but if the mother is just as childish as her children then there is very little you can do except explain to your children that some people are just like that. I have seen adults do the same kind of thing.

thanks for the comment crazyaboutdogs it seems so trivial when written but the hurt is consuming me.

It actually isn't trivial. These things do indeed hurt...it hurts parents to watch their child being treated like that and it hurts children too. Even as adults when other adults resort to those kinds of behaviours it hurts. I think it is just a matter of realizing some people are like that and try to block it out.

Archived