Each one gets worse. It's to the point I am checking myself into a dual diagnosis program in another state to try to figure some of this out.

Last week the police were called to my house by the neighbors. I don't remember this. I have a drinking problem but my therapist also says I dissociate with men. I went to an AA meeting on Friday and he says he saw me there, in spite of the fact he doesn't live in this neighborhood. Was he telling me the truth? Was this just coincidence? Last night he emailed me telling me he is being investigated by the police and will probably go to jail. He asked for me help. He asked me if he was moving in today. I've known him three weeks. I told him I cannot be involved and to never contact me again.

Any advice? I am afraid to just jump on a plane and board my pets for a month, yet my girlfriend told me she doesn't want to have to identify me in the morgue. I feel like I have no choice, but I can't understand why I attract these predators, who are usually in AA.

I feel like somebody is reading my thoughts!

Yesterday while driving I was thinking about the some of the less strong willed women in AA and how vulnerable they really are to the some of the sickest men.

I am so sorry, maybe you should go to women's meetings only.

I feel like somebody is reading my thoughts!

Yesterday while driving I was thinking about the some of the less strong willed women in AA and how vulnerable they really are to the some of the sickest men.

I am so sorry, maybe you should go to women's meetings only.

Thanks, but at this point I am done with AA. I'm afraid of AA and don't like it. I have serious depression issues to deal with and the thing that worries me the most is the men I attract. I didn't even meet this guy in AA yet he just happened to pick me out and was very persistent on a singles site. What are the odds of this? Him with a criminal history and former crack problem and in AA.

I see a psychiatrist, I see a therapist (who told me yesterday he is dangerous, tell him to not contact me and get an order to protect if this doesn't work. These kinds of things can backfire), I take medication. Nothing is working so this dual diagnosis program is my last hope.

Thanks, but at this point I am done with AA. I'm afraid of AA and don't like it. I have serious depression issues to deal with and the thing that worries me the most is the men I attract. I didn't even meet this guy in AA yet he just happened to pick me out and was very persistent on a singles site. What are the odds of this? Him with a criminal history and former crack problem and in AA.

I see a psychiatrist, I see a therapist (who told me yesterday he is dangerous, tell him to not contact me and get an order to protect if this doesn't work. These kinds of things can backfire), I take medication. Nothing is working so this dual diagnosis program is my last hope.

I hope you find the answer you seek.

I agree with ready2heal, try a women-only AA meeting. As for jumping on a plane and boarding your pets... well, I'd be scared too, but if your life is in danger then inhale, exhale, and get on the plane.

Also, if you don't want to attract a predator, start walking straight and tall, with your head held high and looking at people in the eyes and smiling as you pass them. No predator wants a strong woman to prey on, and even if you aren't strong, you'll appear to be.

Best of luck,

Mai

EDIT: I guess I take back the bit about women-only AA since you don't want to go, but a fair warning... never think "this is my last hope" because if it doesn't work you'll want to give up. Life isn't over until it's over, and you are obviously not done yet. However, it's impossible to quit drinking or get over depression or even stop attracting predators (who are attracted to your depression, low self esteem, etc) without help. If you want a different life, you're going to have to take deep breaths and go get help, even if it's scary... I hope the duel diagnosis program works for you. =)

Last night he emailed me telling me he is being investigated by the police and will probably go to jail. He asked for me help.

Is he being investigated for something that happened at your house that night last week? You didn't say.

Look, I think your best bet here is to get a restaining order. Just go to your local police department, go to the front desk and request one. They will do it. I think there is a $50.00 process server fee (not sure about the fee). I dislike having to recommend this but it will put him on notice that if he contacts you or shows up at a location that you are at, he will go to jail, and it sounds like he is afraid of jail.

Is he being investigated for something that happened at your house that night last week? You didn't say.

Look, I think your best bet here is to get a restaining order. Just go to your local police department, go to the front desk and request one. They will do it. I think there is a $50.00 process server fee (not sure about the fee). I dislike having to recommend this but it will put him on notice that if he contacts you or shows up at a location that you are at, he will go to jail, and it sounds like he is afraid of jail.

No, he's being investigated for fraud. He does have a criminal history but told me he wasn't guilty and it wasn't his fault. Says he got the felonies expunged.

I really don't think he is going to contact me again. If he does, I guess I'll think about a restraining order, but I know those can make people angry and at times backfire.

Thanks for your post.

Archived