Thank you?

oldenoughtoknow

Reading some of the other posts made me think of something my last girlfriend always used to say to me. "Thank you for your love."

That always sounded so strange to me. Love isn't something that I could ever see myself thanking someone for...is this just a saying some people have? Yes, she was a little needy, and her mother was bipolar. And yes, she is my "ex" girlfriend...

Just wondering what other people thought.

I sometimes say "Thanks for loving me" to my boyfriend.

I guess it's just kind of a way to thank him for all the things he does for me because he loves me-- listening to me, giving me advice, not demanding things of me, that kind of thing.

Okay, it just always sounded curious to me. I thank people for many things everyday, but I've never thanked someone for loving me. I thank my parents for taking care of me when I was little, but not for their love. I thank my girlfriend for being there for me, helping me, supporting me, running an errand for me, being a great gf, etc., but I wouldn't thank her for her love. It just seems like love is something that's either there or it isn't - I've never thought of it as something you should thank someone for...

Archived