aloner
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

I just got really hurt by this guy I was dating for five months. He's always said he's just not ready to get into a relationship because he wasn't over his ex. I was fine with that, then I realized he was just using it as an excuse to continue seeing other people because he just wasn't into me enough to make me his girlfriend. I wish he would have not continued to see me when he knew he didn't feel the same way about me as I felt for him. I am also mad at myself for continuing to see him when I knew in my gut that he was avoiding the relationship topic and revealed to me that he didn't want a relationship. He should've been honest and said what he truly felt, which was that he didn't want a relationship with me. The same night I ended it with him for fear of getting more hurt, my actions were confirmed when I found out he had met a new girl while I was gone on vacation. I let myself fall for him and now I am hurt. I don't know what to do next to move on. I am just hurting... feeling my self confidence has been shot... hurt by his dishonesty. He should've just told me he's never going to get serious with me.

Its tough. Good thing is, five months wasn't a really long time and he obviously wasn't committed to you. As much as you were physically attracted to him, I doubt that you had developed serious emotional attachment to him. Take a day to just get your emotions in check, cry over him, eat lots of ice cream and pamper yourself. Then get out there and start meeting new people. He's not worth it and you showed tremendous strength in letting him go.

As for the other girl, don't be sad about that. Feel sorry for her. Now he's someone else's problem. You're free to find a guy that you're just as attracted to who will love you, commit to you and treat you with respect.

thanks for the advice. the thing that makes me sad is that he was a lot of fun to be with and that's why I continued to see him even after he told me he wasn't interested in anything committed. we spent three nights a week together and had lots of laughs, and that is what I will miss. he never treated me very poorly, and sometimes was downright sweet, it's just unfortunate that he never developed those feelings for me.

I am just so hurt that after I ended it with him, he turned right around and moved on to the next one without a flinch. it makes me feel like crap.

"He's always said he's just not ready to get into a relationship because he wasn't over his ex."

I've said that before to a woman, but only because it was the truth. I've never hidden behind that excuse as that would be a lousy thing to do to somebody.

Ah, aloner - I have been there and it does hurt. But, now you have come out of the experience wiser and know not to get involved with that type again. When someone says they don't want to get into a relationship - no matter the excuse - take them at their word and move on. Sorry for your pain..

I’m so sorry… but at least he was honest from the start. I know since you liked him you probably thought he’d eventually get into you, but when someone is not emotionally available its best for you to walk away… unless you are willing to take it as a casual thing as well.

good luck

Archived