what to do, input would be greatly appreciated

msettel

Ok, so, I have a brief story and a question. I met a guy at a party a few nights ago, we hit it off right away, talked for a few hours, danced and ended up making out for a while. Half way into the night, a friend ended up calling me because she was having a rough time and I had to leave rather abruptly. Before I left, the guy asked for my number and walked me to the door. The thing is, I haven't heard anything from him since. I'm wondering if it would be appropriate for me to text him a message thanking him for a fun night or if I should just leave the ball in his court and assume that it was, most likely, simply a somewhat drunken one time thing and he has most likely forgotten all about me.

I'd like to see him again some time, but I'm not particularly invested so, yeah, if me texting would be too forward, I wouldn't be heartbroken.

He might be wondering the same thing you are, if that was a one time thing or if you want him to call you. He might just be nervous. It doesn't sound like he was very drunk, so he probably remembers what happened. I would text him something simple to start, like hey how's it going or thanking him for the fun night would work too and see where things go from there.

If you don't want to text him I would go the party spot next weekend to see if he's there too. If you find him start talking to him and try to pick up where you left off.

Good luck!

Hey, thank you for the advice. I ended up texting a brief message that said "Hey, thanks for a fun time at the party. Hope the rest of your weekend was good." He ended up texting me back immediately saying that he was going to be around this weekend if I wanted to hang out so...looks like I have a date of sorts.

I suspect that he thought the phone call during the party was just an excuse for me to duck out and leave.

Anyway, yeah, I hope things go well

Archived