All I have Left is Pain and I'm Holding It

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Does this make sense? A very important friendship ended. It feels like a breakup to me.

It's over. He's gone. No real explanation, just gone.

The happy, positive emotions are gone. The friendship is gone. The closeness, the sharing, the camaraderie is gone.

All I have left is the pain.

I feel like I'm clinging to the pain because I'm afraid if I let it go, then everything will be gone. The pain is all I have left. If I stop crying and move on, I have nothing left.

It hurts too much to remember the good times so when I feel pain, at least I can still 'feel something' for him. If I'm happy again, it means it's truly over forever so I remain unhappy. The pain is almost like a form of denial. As long as I'm hurting, it means he's still in my life... which I know sounds ridiculous because he's already gone.

Any advice?

Hi you have got to try and get over the pain and crying etc, if you ever want him back that is the best way , to show yourself in a good light. Its ok to feel the pain and cry etc , but just try to keep it to a small time of the day, then try as hard to make yourself feel as happy as possible for a while. Good luck.

Oh, sweetheart. I feel for you so much. I remember when I felt this way. You will not feel this way forever. I promise.

You have something left. You have you. And you have those of us on ENA.

It is not the same and it won't replace what you had with your ex. But with time, these different and other things will come to fill your life. You will be happy again someday.

It's okay to be sad. Don't worry about the future; just do things to comfort yourself as best you can for right now.

I am rooting for you.

Archived