Extermism, Obsession, Overly Emotional, Unemotional, Over Analytical

blahblah2006
6 Signs of Poor Emotional Health
6 Signs of Poor Emotional Health

I need help, with a few things about me, i have tried getting professional help to fix these areas, but it truly hasn't helped much, i really think i need a reasonable perspective on these things.

Extremism: I cant seem to balance anything i do, i do everything to my breaking point, its either live or die, on everything i do. From basic things to just writing, to the way things effect me. When i go up i go way up, and when i crash, i crash hard!

Obsession: Seems to work hand in hand with how extreme i do things. I begin by becoming obsessed(with everything i do) ... then i take it to the extreme, to the point of no return the only options become failure or success.

Overly Emotional: I get so overly emotional, both extremism and Obsession add to this, turning me into a Almost sever bipolar, person. my moods can change extremely in a matter of seconds, one after another, after another. I take meds for it, but still its major. Been to enough doctors, and i am sick of it.

Unemotional: Then when i crash myself to the ground from being Extreme, obessed, and too emotional. My mind and body jump totally to the opposite, and be come completely unemotional, then i become extremely unemotional, and be come obessed with not showing emotion.

Over Analyzing: This entire time, i over analyze everything that happens through this cycle that ultimately drives my new set of things to be extreme on and obsess over.

In the end, its a vicious cycle, and i really need some new perspective, to have a little hope that there might be a way out of this. A way to eventually work my mind out of it. Its effecting the girl i am in a relationship dramatically, yet shes stuck by me, and helped me walk through this. It hurts to know my pain, is hurting her as well.

Well it's a huge step forward to be able to admit you have these issues, so I commend you for that.

I'm not sure what you can do to improve yourself, but I know that this is all something that can be fixed with a lot of conscious effort.

I went through a similar stage after my father passed away, & it was so hard to reverse the effects. It helped a lot to handle my problems with a third-person perspective. Everytime I would find myself overreacting or having an emotional breakdown, I would stop & realize what I'm doing, & I'd completely eliminate that behavior.

Are you going through/have you gone through anything in your life that may be causing you to be this way?

Since i was born, i have been like this, i cant seem to change it. At some points i feel its almost hard coded into my dna. My mind state changes entirely so much, that i even have a hard time eating, because at one moment, i want chicken the next i dont. Thats just an example, imagine applying that to other things in life, your entire life, its draining.

Since i was born, i have been like this, i cant seem to change it. At some points i feel its almost hard coded into my dna. My mind state changes entirely so much, that i even have a hard time eating, because at one moment, i want chicken the next i dont. Thats just an example, imagine applying that to other things in life, your entire life, its draining.

Have you seeked professional help? I know you said you're on medication for this, but who did you see & what's the medication for?

I have been to mental doctors, psychiatrists, regular doctors, counselors, the list goes on, i am on two different mood stabilizing, and mood support, antidepressants, all that. Yet my mood swings are still about as bad as they are off of it. I really react well to concepts and theories, that's how i usually change things in my life, so i am trying to gain a new perspective, on how to live. Everything i do, has a theory and concept behind it, many things, have multiple concepts and theories, that i use to support my mind, in order to function in that area. The way my mind works is truly odd as can be. Though not everything can be related to a concept, or idea, thus my problem, i cant come up with something to give my mind support on all these things.

Archived