Interested?

ljoy74

So a friend of mine recently set me up with her brother. She'd been trying to do this for months so I finally agreed and she made him request me as a friend on Facebook. I was mildly interested right off the bat solely because he is very handsome. He messaged me the next day after I accepted his request and we wrote novels (not literally, just ridiculously long messages) back and forth to each other for a week before he asked me for my phone number.

He got the nerve to call, I think it was 2 days later. He mentioned in a Facebook message he couldn't bare to ask me out in the message because it was simply to pitiful. I had to hang up on him the first 2 times he called, I felt awful! So I returned his call one night and it resulted in a 6 and a half hour phone convo, super late in to the night. We never hit any awkward silences and time seemed to disappear magically. We talked a few more times and then he asked me out (we had made plans for a Friday but he asked to move it to Monday because he "couldn't wait to see me").

So the first date was GREAT.

I had a blast and he was such a gentlemen. I was nervous he wasn't thinking it went so well so I wasn't expecting him to call.

But he did, late the next night.

We talked at least a little every day with him texting me good morning once or twice that week. We went on a 2nd date Friday and he invited me over Saturday for Valentine's day, nothing romantic which I was happy about because we haven't known each other very long.

So we watched a movie with his family (I'm good friends with his sis and bro-in-law so it wasn't awkward or anything). I went to the restroom before the movie and came back out to find everyone rearranged so he and I were sitting next to each other on one of the couches. And throughout the movie (just like the night before when we went out to a movie theater) he kept glancing at my hands but never tried to hold them. It seems so elementary but I don't really care. And throughout the movie we were teasing each other, with him trying to tickle me and always finding a reason/way to touch my legs. After the movie we sat outside for a while (2 out of 3 dates have resulted in 3+ hour convos at front doors) and talked and what seemed like flirting. There's never been a goodnight kiss which I see as understandable on the account we've "known" each other less than 2 weeks.

So it may be the fact I think he's to cute for me, but I'm not sure if he's interested in me or not... Boys opinions would be much appreciated, as would girls to. Help!

He's CUTE.

Wow, what do you need, a brick dropped on your head with a note attached saying he likes you? It seems obvious. He is asking you out, he’s gone on multiple dates, he talks to you everyday, and he’s being a gentleman. This means he respects you and it’s highly unlikely he is just looking for booty. He sees you as more than that. The fact that he keeps coming back, and wants to come back means he likes you. Generally, guys don’t put that much effort into girls they don’t like or don’t feel they have a shot with.

Maybe I am crazy.

Truth. Quit overanalyzing it. Generally speaking, a guy is not going to go where he does not want to. If he didn’t like you, he wouldn’t be there. Did you ever stop to think that maybe his sister worked to set the two of you up because she already knew he liked you?

Perhaps. You're smart

He did tell me that he had been hearing about me from his sister for months also. I dated someone this past winter so that's when I stopped hearing about him from her and then a few weeks ago she messaged me and told me she was making him request me as a friend on Facebook, and tah-dah.

I suppose I owe her a thank you because he is pretty great.

And even better assuming he likes me.

Well Valentine's day isn't what you're thinking...

His brother's girlfriend was in town and his brother couldn't get off work so it was going to be just him and her plus his 2 nephews. I know his nephews really well so I sort of helped him keep an eye on them, even though I didn't do to much.

Currently he's been out of state with family and friends he hasn't seen in quite a while. He hasn't texted or called the whole week but we've talked on Facebook. I understand not calling or texting though considering it's been a whole year since he has seen some of his friends. But he comes home tomorrow!

So I guess we'll continue to see from there!

Some people are just not so chatty that they think online messaging isn't sufficient. But again, he invited you on Valentine's Day and you still question whether he likes you or not. The key word here is invited, invited! He's creating excuse to see you that day and you look at the excuse as the reason he invited you. You're slow man!

Unless he was somehow turned off by what you did on that day, he most probably still have interest in you.

I doubt he was turned off by anything on Valentine's Day.

It, just like the other dates, resulted in a 3 hour conversation outside before I went home. And I baked him cookies, which were sort of equally for all of his family but for him to.

He should be home in a few hours but I do not in any way expect a call or text today or tomorrow. He has a full day of work tomorrow and probably plenty of laundry to do and things to catch back up on. I dread waiting but I don't want to set myself up for failure either.

Archived