Should she tell him?

bluexin99
What To Do If They Cheat - Do this ...
What To Do If They Cheat - Do this First

My best friend has been in her first relationship for almost 2 months now. Her boyfriend treats her well and she is happy with him. However, she told me that there are certain barriers which prevents her from allowing herself to fall deeper into this relationship. And here is the biggest one of them -

She is studying second year medicine; did exceptionally well in her university entrance exam. However, her mark was only good enough for a fee paying position i.e. she is paying more than 'true' medical students and her boyfriend is one of them. She hasn't told him about this and it bothers her a lot. She doesn't want him to know but feels like she's hiding big secrets behind his back.

He appears to be a laid back person and he does have fee paying medical friends himself (he talks about them to her, and one of his closest friend is a fee payer as well), so i really don't think he would dump her for this. But she's afraid that it would completely alter his view of her i.e. she's not as smart as he had imagined etc etc.

She's only 19 and this is her first relationship, so to be honest, i don't think they're going to last forever. My question is this - should she tell him about it? Being in a relationship with him and taking such a position, should she? She's very conscious about it, looks down on herself due to this.

They like each other a lot. If they're not going to last forever, then i'd say she's going to be with him for a while.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

I feel there should be no need. Test scores are highly personal, my bf and I never discuss our test scores within school. It is sufficient to know that the other is doing well enough and leave it at that.

I agree with you - test scores are highly personal. He hasn't asked her what she got to get into medicine school yet and by the sound of it, it appears like he directly assumes her to be a 'true' med student. She leaves a smart impression on people; looks intelligent, sounds intelligent.

She feels like she's cheating on him by not telling him such personal things. It's not like they're one body, so i think there should exist personal space and 'secrets'. She doesn't agree but really doesn't want to let him know.

Guys don't care about that kind of stuff. If she acts like it's nothing, he'll receive it as nothing. Tell her not to worry.

I guess most guys don't care but med guys might. They worked their asses off to get into med school and they probably do hope that they get together with someone in their league.

I think a partial reason why he chose to ask her out was because they're in the same faculty. But yes, there are plenty of other factors. He knows plenty of girls in other faculties and i wonder why he didn't ask them out.

I guess most guys don't care but med guys might. They worked their asses off to get into med school and they probably do hope that they get together with someone in their league.

I think a partial reason why he chose to ask her out was because they're in the same faculty. But yes, there are plenty of other factors. He knows plenty of girls in other faculties and i wonder why he didn't ask them out.

I think you may be projecting typical female selection qualities on male selection qualities.

Women tend to marry up, or at least to be on par with their economic/educational equivalence.

Men tend to select females based on a whole different set of criteria. I'm serious. I doubt this guy would care if she even flunked out or dropped out of the school. It wouldn't matter to 99.9% of men, and I doubt he's any different.

Archived