How do you tell someone you have feelings for them?

nimisaj
How To Tell Someone You Like Them (...
How To Tell Someone You Like Them (Without Screwing Up)

What is the best way to do it?

Do you show them with a hug/kiss and other forms of affection?

Do you tell them? If so, where?

Friends hug and kiss (cheek kiss), so yes, it partially depends on how you hug and kiss them. And huging and kissing them could be awkward if they're not expecting them and these affectionate actions might not pass the message through depending on how you've done it/the kind of person they are/the 'nature' of your relationship with them etc etc.

So, i'd say, just tell them that you have feelings for them. Find a 'right time and place' to tell them. Make sure there aren't many people around, so somewhere quiet. And, tell them in person - do not tell them over msn/phone. I personally dislike that.

• 2 weeks later...

If a man could look me straight in the eye and bluntly say "I like you," it would be a huge turn on.

There are so many ways to show your affection I bet you can make a laundry list of them. Just do whatever feels most natural to you. There is no right or wrong here.

If a man could look me straight in the eye and bluntly say "I like you," it would be a huge turn on.

There are so many ways to show your affection I bet you can make a laundry list of them. Just do whatever feels most natural to you. There is no right or wrong here.

i think for most girls and guys telling them straightup that 'i like you' is a turnoff. i know creating a 'chase' isn't a good thing but it can't be so simple as first few dates and you admit it.. i think it would scare anyone away. i wouldn't like it if a girl told me that so quickly even though i may be dying inside to know because ill think in the long run, how can she like me so quickly? does she like all guys this fast?

you don't have to TELL someone, but you can SHOW that you have feelings for them simply by your actions such as asking them out on another date. if he/she complies for future dates then its obvious they are into you.

for example there is this girl ive been with 4 dates on and im into her. we never outright stated that we like each other. i wasn't sure if she liked me and im sure she wasn't sure i liked her. however i asked her to a date next monday (she has essays to write on the weekend) and she said sure. this affirms to both of us that we are still interested or else a) i wouldn't have asked and b) she would have rejected.

i think for most girls and guys telling them straightup that 'i like you' is a turnoff. i know creating a 'chase' isn't a good thing but it can't be so simple as first few dates and you admit it.. i think it would scare anyone away. i wouldn't like it if a girl told me that so quickly even though i may be dying inside to know because ill think in the long run, how can she like me so quickly? does she like all guys this fast?

True, this is the case for a majority of people. I am obviously the exception. But, hey, different strokes for different folks. Most of the men who have been so straight up with me were confident and very open. Those are two things I place a lot of value on.

True, this is the case for a majority of people. I am obviously the exception. But, hey, different strokes for different folks. Most of the men who have been so straight up with me were confident and very open. Those are two things I place a lot of value on.

yeah i agree theres a difference between a confident and open guy saying 'i like you', and a nervous naive guy saying 'i like you'. a confident open guy wouldn't scare away a girl if he knows what he wants.

Archived