A really weird Valentines day, I'm not sure how to handle it...

masterflydazzle

Ever since I broke up with my boyfriend two months ago, one of my guy friends (who apparently has liked me for two years) has been trying to become closer with me. I am definitely uninterested in him as anything more than a friend. I know he was talking to a few of our mutual friends about wanting to ask me out, but all of them have been telling him that I’m not looking to date right now, especially since I’m wrapping up my senior year and heading away to college.

I thought I dodged that bullet and he was just going to be a little creepy around me (he’s never had a girlfriend and doesn’t really know how to act) but then on Valentines Day he showed up on my doorstep with a dozen red roses telling me that no one should go on Valentines Day without getting flowers. Crap, now I’m forced to face the situation; how can I do this without hurting him too badly? I never have been good with dealing with people’s emotions and he’s so sweet, I’m just not interested in him that way…

Now here comes my next dilemma. I kind of like a guy who I’ve known all throughout high school. During these four years we go through periods where we are extremely close followed by ones where we barely talk for some reason or another (not like fighting, just not seeing each other as much due to school and stuff) A few times I’ve heard that he wanted to ask me out, but we’ve never gone out mostly because he let other people become involved and I didn’t want to be set up.

Yesterday, shortly after I received the flowers, he texted me to say “Happy Valentines Day” and I replied back with a “You too! we talked off an on through texts during the day and decided we would hang out that night. He called around 4 and picked me up shortly thereafter. We hung out at his house for a few hours, ate dinner and then the guy from the first paragraphs called him. He came over and then we just watched a movie and then plugged in a few video games.

Then my best guy friend called me and sort of invited himself over. We continued to plays games and then decided to go to the park for a little bit. The subject of relationships came up and the guy I kind of like mentioned that the good girls from our area either have boyfriends or have some sort of close guy friend and he doesn’t want to mess with either situation. The close guy friend part definitely describes me, he’s like my brother.

So, was this comment a way of saying he might be interested in me if I wasn’t as good of friends with my best guy friend? I’m kind of confused about my emotions right now and I’m at the point where I kind of want to date again, but I don’t want to get into anything too serious before leaving for college. I have a feeling this is where he is as well. Either way, I guess there isn’t any harm in becoming closer to him again…

Sorry for the length, but thanks to those who read it =) I really hope you can help me. The first guy mentioned is 16, I am 17, and the other two are 18 if agest help.

Being so close to graduating, are you serious about getting off track before you enter college? It's kind of a sticky situation with all these guys, and just one you. Maybe stick to the textbooks and keep an eye out on the future with school. When you have more time to date, do that and have fun without worrying about hurting who. Take care of you!

Being so close to graduating' date=' are you serious about getting off track before you enter college? It's kind of a sticky situation with all these guys, and just one you. Maybe stick to the textbooks and keep an eye out on the future with school. When you have more time to date, do that and have fun without worrying about hurting who. Take care of you![/quote']Most of my friends are male, so it isn't unheard of me to be surrounded by guys. And if I got into anything right now it wouldn't be anything serious. I think I just want want to have a little fun before going off to college...

Things can always get serious by surprise...it's just something you will have to consider. If you think you can handle what may come down the line before college, go for it. Otherwise you would be surpised by crazy talk about "oh, i think i am going to delay this first semester and work full time," or the guy "oh, maybe we can move in together?" lol...seriously! This can happen...so consider it wisely.

Archived