Guy threw me for a loop! what do you think?

enchanted771
He Calls Me Instead Of Texting
He Calls Me Instead Of Texting

I have been seeing this guy for a little over a month. well a month ago i point blank asked him after spending nearly 2 days together if he wanted to see each other some more. he said he wasnt looking for anything serious and i was fine with that. so last night 2-3 hours in to the evening, he says he loves me! i thought i heard him wrong said what? and he said it again. what does thi7 mean now? i am confused.

i guess i'd just let him keep initiating. it's possible that he's changed his mind about something serious. or maybe he loves you like he loves basset hounds (that was in the movie 'he's just not that into you.' )

has he been calling you consistently and asking you out and all that?

i guess i'd just let him keep initiating. it's possible that he's changed his mind about something serious. or maybe he loves you like he loves basset hounds (that was in the movie 'he's just not that into you.' )

has he been calling you consistently and asking you out and all that?

Haha, I just saw that movie last night! Better than I expected.

I couldn't tell you why this guy told you he loves you, but you can be fairly certain that while he has feelings for you, they aren't "love". Some people really throw that word around everytime they like someone. It's only been a month, he hardly knows you! He was probably caught up in Valentine's Day.. how everything is supposed to be so lovey-dovey.

Another thing. You've been seeing this guy for a month and right from the start he said he didn't want a relationship. He basically said "this is never going to go anywhere". If you are alright with that & just want someone to hang out with for a while, so be it. But don't wait around, developing stronger feelings for him hoping he will change his mind because it probably isn't gunna happen!! I would drop him & find someone who wants to be in a relationship with me.

Words mean nothing. He may very well love you. He may not. Like Annie said, does he consistently call, want to spend time with you, etc?

People are funny...I met this guy awhile back and he was saying how next time he gets married he will take things REALLY slow, how badly he got burned, etc. etc. He seemed into me, but I wasn't that into him and eventually blew him off. Found out he got married about 6 months later - this guy who said he would go REALLY slow before re-marrying.

Don't go by words If someone loves you, they won't be able to fight it. This guy obviously fell for that gal and his "plan" of going slow went out the window.

Don't go by words is right....when I first started seeing the guy who ended up betraying me, he told me he didn't believe in playing games...turns out most game players are novices compared to him...he could teach the Graduate level course "Mind Games 701". People spew out a lot of politically correct stuff and nonsense they don't actually believe or follow through with in the early days of dating. The words "I love you" often get thrown around during the infatuation, early dating stage and it means nothing more than "my hormones are in overdrive when I see you". His actions will show you if he really does care as much about you as he claims.

Archived