yelwed

In April of last year, I met a guy but he just came out of a 11 year relationship. We went out together once or twice, the last time I saw him was June of last year. He wasn't ready for anything more due to him just coming out of a relationship which is fair enough, I understood that.

We chat all the time, at least once every one or two weeks via Facebook. He has been promising me for he past 3 months that we will catch up and go out for dinner but I have never received an invitiation even though we chat all the time.

I know he is a busy guy and has shared custody of a 3 year old but one night to catch up with me isnt too much.

I got an email from him last week asking me out last night. He was going out to town with a mate and wanted to know if I wanted to come along. So I did. We had a good nite, his mate caught up with some other people so left it with just me and him. We drank and chatted and what I thought had a good time. I really like him, he is my type of guy.

I left them there as they were kicking on but when I left I said it was great to catch up and lets not make it 8 months until we see each other again. He said yeah for sure. There was no kiss or anything because his mate was there but it was all good.

I sent a text message about half an hour later saying I had a great time, great to catch up and would like to see you again soon. That was nearly 24 hours ago and I have not heard a word.

Is this a sign that a guy isnt interested or am I just jumping the gun. Do I give it a few days to ask him out or just leave it in his court now to see what happens?

Sending a text message takes less than a minute & he couldn't do it in 24 hours? It's because you're not his priority. If he wanted to be with you he would find the time and initiative to make it happen. I would consider him nothing more than a friend and expect nothing.

I have a friend who is like this. We dated for about a month when I was 17, then became "just friends" ever since. He lives near my parents, which is 3 hours away from where I live. So we kept in contact on a msn messenger & whenever I planned to come back to visit my parents he told me to call him so we could meet up. So I would call him on friday on my drive up there (never answered so I would leave a message), then hear nothing from him until sunday afternoon when I had already left & was halfway back home. This happened EVERY time. He's a great friend but he's always been kinda flaky like that with me when we would make plans to get together. I don't really get it... why he does that. But I don't really care either. If we meet up... great. If not... oh well, no big deal.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived