secret lovah
I Have Feelings For Someone Else Wh...
I Have Feelings For Someone Else While In a Relationship

Hello, I've been friends with my ex for the past year, and I still have feelings for him. Thing is, I had some insecurities about him so my thoughts of whether or not we should be together were up in the air.

I had interest in another guy for awhile, about 2 months ago. (By interest, I mean a harmless crush.) My ex got extremely jealous and possessive about it. He even asked me to get back with him. I told him no because I needed to settle things within myself.

The reasons for my insecurity is that doesn't confide in me, and it bugs me. He confides in his ex who cheated on him and hurt him horribly. This has been going on even when we WERE together. They haven't seen each other in years, but they still talk. I never cheated on him, I never broke his heart. He broke up with me cuz he wasn't ready for a commitment.

Recently, I got over my insecurities and was ready to try with him again, but he rejected me. He told me he's not sexually/romantically interested in me. He doesn't want a commitment but he doesn't want me to go away because I'm his best friend and he loves me.

I've even tried to be a little naughty with him, he told me to stop, he just wanted to hold me.

I keep trying to talk to him about it but he never knows what he feels.

Can anyone figure out what he's doing? Cuz I'm lost.

Is he not in love with me?

I'm so confused.

What is there to be confused about. He does not want to get back together and does not want to sleep with you. He just wants to be friends. He doesn't seem like he is willing to talk about anything when it comes to a relationship. Probably b/c he has told you what he wants with you. A friendship.

I know it sounds harsh, but he's spelled it out for you.

If you still want more from him, being friends with him isn't going to help you if he isn't willing to give you want you are looking for.

He might be jealous b/c his little boyish ego can't stand the fact the someone else is playing in or might be playing in what use to be his sandbox. I dunno. How often have you not liked someone who liked you, and then when they found someone else...you kinda felt jealous? It works kind of like that. He doesn't want you, but doesn't want anyone else to have you.

If he was dating and in love with someone else....he probably wouldn't have gotten jealous.

Secret,

A good rule of thumb to live by is this - if a man wants to be with you he will/we make the things happen that we want to happen, happen. If he wants to be with you and is ready to comit, he will.

I find that a lot of times (I even used to do this) women will try and make what a man tells us more complicated than what it really is. Because women are so complicated and think a lot, we think that men surely must be the same way. They really arent. Ha! When they something like that, more times than not, they mean it. Especially, if he has been saying it for the last year now.

If you are able to, be his friend and move on. He said what he meant and he obviously means what he said. If he changes his mind and it's meant to be, it will be. In the mean time, do yourself a favor and move and live life. Be happy and stop wondering.

Hope this helps....

Archived