Trip w/ ex

longdist
A trip to the Rockies
A trip to the Rockies

Okay I've got a question for everyone. I'm going to be going on a climbing trip in CA with some friends. This is something my ex would be really interested in and we originally fell in love with each other on a hiking trip. It's been almost 2 months since the breakup and the trip will be 3 months from the breakup. I've had 16 days of NC. Before that, I had LC.

So my question is if it would be a bad idea to invite her along with just a quick email. If she said yes, I think it would be the optimum opportunity to feel things out with her. I wouldn't make a move, but like I said, I originally snagged her by doing a similar trip. If she saids no, it won't bother me, but could drive her further away. At the same time if I don't ask she may see pictures via Facebook or something and be jealous that I'm having fun on a trip like that without her.

Any suggestions?

No, it honestly wouldn't bother me if she saids no. I don't even know if she could get the time away from work. We are still on pretty good terms. There have been no harsh words. The only way it would hurt is if it somehow destroyed my chances of getting back together in the future.

On the other hand, I could wait until a trip later in time, if we start talking again. I just know she's been talking about doing something like this for a long time and has a friend that lives near the mountain, that I know she'd like to see. So anyhow, I'm still not sure.

longdist, take this trip as an opportunity to spend quality time with friends and on yourself.... follow your own advice to me... will you really enjoy yourself with her around or will you be stressed about trying to show her you've changed?

if you have the same problems i have, i think we need to show that we're capable of living our lives on our own and picking ourselves up again.

incidentally i too am going on a climbing trip end of this month with a girlfriend and am really excited. think this will be the most challening climb i've ever done in my life.

good luck!

Archived