what he means by telling me this?

jpmartin

we're both late 20s, we get along pretty well. on our 3rd date, he told me that he doesn't think he'll be as responsible as his Dad, he really like traveling. and the only way to make traveling really happen is to go teaching English in another country. he also said it's kinda dilemma coz he likes to travel but in that way, he won't be able to marry and have a wife.

I asked what's his definition of traveling, he can work smart and earn money then take vocation...I also told him you can't control what's happening, just enjoy the ride...

I don't want to read too much into this.it's only our 3rd date. but does he mean he only wants a fling? I think I'm invest more emotionally than him now, I need to slow down if this's the case.

sounds like he cannot be committed if he was a father as his lifestyle would be come and go with all of the traveling. sounds like he doesn't plan on getting married anytime soon. it's not in his mind at this time. doesn't mean he doesn't want to be in a relationship.

Honestly. Most if not all relationships start as a fling. I mean who really goes into a relationship thinking I am going to marry this person. Probably none. At least not many sane persons.

As for his travelling and not being as "resonsible" as his father, is probably incorrect of him to say. He might be basing this on the common concept that going to school, getting a job, getting a house, getting married, having children is what responsible people do. Travelling by no means has to be a marraigeless affair. However to live a life abroad does take someone who is willing to adapt and be flexible. He would definitely need a woman who can do that and is comfortable with that.

Question is are you that woman. Its probably too soon to tell as you have only been on 3 dates or together for a couple of weeks.

Is he saying he only wants a fling. Maybe. Is he telling you that if you want to stick around it may not be for the long term. Maybe. Is he telling you that if you do stick around you should prepare yourself for a life of adventure. Maybe.

Learn English Via Listening | Begin...
Learn English Via Listening | Beginner Level | Lesson 10 | Joe's First Car

Archived