is it a bad sign when...

sooky

you start being too critical? my poor boyfriend is stranded in the city because his car battery died. most of me wants to be supportive and lovely...but there's a bit of me that is annoyed at him because he shouldn't have left his car lights on all day...!

we're feeling a lot of financial anxiety at the moment...so funding new car batteries is not really top priority.

i'm being mean. i should go and bake a cake.

you start being too critical? my poor boyfriend is stranded in the city because his car battery died. most of me wants to be supportive and lovely...but there's a bit of me that is annoyed at him because he shouldn't have left his car lights on all day...!

we're feeling a lot of financial anxiety at the moment...so funding new car batteries is not really top priority.

Yes, go bake his favourite cake and when you see him, make him feel very special...I am sure he is already kicking himself for leaving his lights on. Why would he need a new battery? Wouldn't he just need to have that battery recharged? At any rate, we all make mistakes like this and kick ourselves afterwards...so be supportive of him. Remember that you would like him to be supportive of you when you blunder and you wouldn't like him to rake you over the coals when you yourself are feeling badly about a stupid mistake you made. Put this into perspective. We all make silly mistakes.

you're absolutely right. i sometimes need people to remind me about that thing called perspective! poor bub.

the battery is well and truly dead...bub says there's no spark whatsoever.

i will light some candles and wait up for my man...

Tell him to take his battery to a local garage. They usually have this machine that will check that charge of battery, and will diagnose it to see if it hold charge and they will also do a full charge of the battery. I did it once with my mom's old mazda, I think it only costed me a few bucks.

When my ex gf was about to leave me she was unhappy and criticize every little thing I did wrong.

It was like an opening for her to yell at me.

I now take this as a warning sign in my relationships.

Things happen. I left my lights on when I went to a job interview once.

People aren't perfect. Things break and spill sometimes too.

One might even say while replacing the battery, it was very old anyway. Maybe some other car related issue was discovered while replacing the battery.

Nobody knows for sure and stuff happens.

You could run over a nail too.

I would sign up for triple A.

ive just read several threads on how badly some people want to get back with their ex. People who have been waiting a year and a half for a phone call from their ex. People who couldn't sleep for a year and a half. The car battery is insignificant. you have the right to be mad, but its trivial.

Oh I know all too much about being critical.

Good thing your aknowleding it though and maybe you can work on it like me.

It was an honest mistake and I've left my car lights on... actually just some weeks back I did it (first time though). It's not fun.

I think him waiting on getting the car battery fixed wouldn't be a bad idea if you guys arefinancially tight. Maybe him not being with a car a few days like me will make him extra cautious lol.

Archived