I work with my ex and it is awkward

smileshoe
ATL Jacob Discusses Working With Fu...
ATL Jacob Discusses Working With Future, Making Massive Hits And Rapping

I’m 25 and my 23-year-old GF broke up with me just over a month ago. Our relationship was very intense. We were together for six months but after 2 months she was telling everyone I was the one. I was a little freaked out the whole time because of how fast and how intense things were. When we broke up she wasn’t sure in her decision. She said that she felt like a horrible person and that I would wake up one day and realizes she wasn’t good enough for me. She kept saying I was a better person then she is. unfortunately we work together. The first week we had NC and smiled and said hi to each other. Then we started talking outside of work and I told her it would be best if we didn’t talk for a while. The next week at work she is flirting with a coworker right in front of me. This guy hit on her the whole time we were together. Rumors started I kinda freaked out a little bit and asked her about the rumors. She did not take this well. She was quite upset. I apologized a week later for it and told her I agreed with the breakup.

I feel I have made good progress in moving on. I realize I am much more mature then she is. I have a lot more direction in my life and quite frankly I do deserve better then this. The problem I am having now is at work it is very awkward. When I see her I smile but she always notices me and then can’t look at me. Looks down at the floor or just turns her back. I can’t stand how awkward things are. I left her a voicemail saying that

“sometimes in life you need to spread your wings and if this is something you need to do without me in you life I totally understand and respect you for it. I don’t want work to be awkward anymore. If you need me out of your life I understand and accept that but for the sake of work lets both walk away without bitterness towards each other. I forgive you for anything I felt jaded by and have no hurt feelings anymore. If you need anything I will try and be here for you as a friend”

She never responded to me. A few days later I sent her a text message saying if you want me out of you life I will be. you just have to let me know.

I still have not heard anything. I’m ok with us not being together but the fact I have to ignore somebody at work is very uncomfortable. I don’t want to set down and have conversations with her. I just want to be able to walk by and not have to watch her feel so uncomfortable.

Anyone have any ideas on how I should get past this last hump. I really want to move on but the fact she is ignoring me and making work awkward is driving me nuts. Anyone have any ideas on how I can improve this situation for myself. And no quitting is not a option due to pay and the fact I only have a year left of school.

Stop trying to talk to her.. she seems to be moving on fine and you need to do the same. As soon as you get over your need to communicate with her then you shuld be feeling a lot better. In the future, be very careful about dating someone you work with.

Well, you're not going to be able to get around her being uncomfortable. That's simply the way she feels. You've already done everything you can to alleviate that. I would just take her silence as a "Yes, let's stay out of each other's lives.". The two magic words are "time" and "space".

Archived