No idea what to do.

AhypnoticSuggestion
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Well me and my first girlfriend broke up after 10 months, although I was with her for the past year almost everyday. She said she just wanted to be single and that she wasn't sure if she liked me like that anymore. But, that she still wanted to be friends. I told her, that I can't be your friend because it hurts a lot to see you or hear about you because I still have feelings for you. We've been talking off and on for the past week (we broke up a week ago) and I've asked if she would ever want to date again, and she says maybe but she doesn't know.

Do I stick around as a friend and in the hopes that she will regain feelings and want to date again? Or do I break off contact and try to heal up and move on?

As much as it hurts, if you still have feelings for her then NC is the only way to go. Sorry man.

If it helps, I'm in the same boat. Seeing or hearing about what my ex is doing how is just too painful for me at the moment, you have to look out for yourself. And who knows, maybe you'll be lucky and your ex will come back if you disappear for a while?

Sigh...

How do I stop feeling so down and crappy all the time? Any suggestions? She meant so much to me and I messed up in the relationship and I know I did. It's my fault this happened. But aren't I entitled to a few mistakes in my first relationship? Why can't she just forgive me??

Am I seriously doomed to a life were I live day to day feeling tormented until I can find someone new? And if I do find someone new am I ready to go through another relationship knowing that this could happen again?

This isn't fair.](*,)

Sigh...

How do I stop feeling so down and crappy all the time? Any suggestions? She meant so much to me and I messed up in the relationship and I know I did. It's my fault this happened. But aren't I entitled to a few mistakes in my first relationship? Why can't she just forgive me??

Am I seriously doomed to a life were I live day to day feeling tormented until I can find someone new? And if I do find someone new am I ready to go through another relationship knowing that this could happen again?

This isn't fair.](*,)

don't be so hard on yourslef... it isn't your fault... you have some responsibility in the realtionhsip... but blaming yourslef isn't gonna help anything

I say give her what she needs.... space, time, if you want to ask for forgiveness for any wrong doings , do it, but don't stick around with "hopes" (and she will probably be contributing, with all her confusion and left-over feelings, to feeding your hopes). Stick around as a friend only if you are able to have very little to no expectations and accept how things are.

take care.

Friendship, perhaps, in time. But not now. Yes, it hurts. I am sorry. Everybody gets hurt at one time or another. If you made mistakes, I hope she knows you regret them. But you have to let her be for both your sakes. The hurt can feel so much larger than the love ever did. I don't know why that is? Maybe because we always think the best of the other person and the worst of ourselves? Good luck. It does get easier. Read all the posts about breakups and I guarantee you will feel the teensiest bit stronger. And no, it isn't fair.

Archived