Hip Joint/Socket pain

ghost69

anybody ever get this? it's limiting my walking ability to almost limping now. i've tried every hamstring stretch known to man. it doesn't seem to help. i think i tore a ligament or something in there. i'm taking glucosamine to try and repair it. i will be bringing this up with my chiropractor. maybe he can adjust that area.

sometimes i can touch my toes on that side, and sometimes i can't even get halfway. it's just the one side though. i can bend all the way down on my other side. it doesn't feel like hamstring though. sometimes my buttcheek will just hurt and throb. it must all be related.

i haven't done legs in like 2 weeks because of this. i'm sure i can still do legs, but i don't want to push it. my workouts are the same. nothing crazy added. i can still do cardio as usual thank god. i have no clue what is going on. i haven't fallen or had any accidents like that either. *stumped*

haha! SEE! i had a similar thing happen and you guys were like 'your doing too much' etc etc.

mine just went away with a little time and gentle stretching.. or healing.. i cant remember.

but alieve worked great!

yeah, but you were talking about how you needed to work out and just jumped into that workout routine, kick boxing, tae kwon do, etc. or whatever else. you DID overdue it. i've been into fitness for over 10 years. this isn't like i just started p90x and did the extra 20 minutes of cardio and it happened. i can still lift and do everything regularly. your situation was different. and if it is as metro said, nerves can shift on their own at any time. not because i did situps too much. lol

oh yeah thats right. i overdid a stretching routine.

but how do we even know that it wasnt a pinched nerve?

take some pain pills me-say

i know what muscle pain or stretching pain is. i will say it again, i've been into fitness for over 10 years...worked out with body builders, etc. i know this isn't a muscular problem. but i forgot you are an expert now. *backs up*

nm, you don't get what i'm getting at.

hip/socket pain

gotcha.

its not like we can diagnose you over the internet anyway.

you know that

after bodybuilding/working out for 10 years you are going to wear your body out, max weight low rep exercise is going to tear you up here and there. All the correct form in the world wont protect you from it.

I work out with former lifters who look at the guys doing the same thing they did at the gym and they just shake their head. Its very hard on the body no matter how conditioned you are to it.

1000 lb leg presses werent at all what the body was made to do.

hip/socket pain

gotcha.

its not like we can diagnose you over the internet anyway.

you know that

after bodybuilding/working out for 10 years you are going to wear your body out, max weight low rep exercise is going to tear you up here and there. All the correct form in the world wont protect you from it.

I work out with former lifters who look at the guys doing the same thing they did at the gym and they just shake their head. Its very hard on the body no matter how conditioned you are to it.

1000 lb leg presses werent at all what the body was made to do.

oh i know all that ED. good points by the way. but you still don't understand what i was getting at. i was just saying that you instantly started this crazy workout, got injured and wondered why. but when we gave you advice you denied you did anything wrong.

anyways, for sake are arguing, i'm getting checked out anyways. and i never denied that i know for sure what the problem is. i was just saying that it doesn't feel like a muscular problem....like i pulled something or worked something too hard.

Hey Ghost... I've had my pelvis shift to being cockeyed without my knowing it and that started leading to pain in the vicinity you described. Never would have guessed that was the cause, but a physical therapist doing this adjustment thing where she sort of leaned on my bent leg and evened out my pelvis made it all go away almost instantly.

She said it happens sometimes. Don't know if that helps, but it's worth asking about.

Hey Ghost... I've had my pelvis shift to being cockeyed without my knowing it and that started leading to pain in the vicinity you described. Never would have guessed that was the cause, but a physical therapist doing this adjustment thing where she sort of leaned on my bent leg and evened out my pelvis made it all go away almost instantly.

She said it happens sometimes. Don't know if that helps, but it's worth asking about.

my chiropractor said he was going to look at sending me to a therapist for deep tissue issues. i think you are onto something here. i'm hitting the chiro today. i'll see if he still wants me to go.

it comes and goes. some days it seems i can stretch much easier. sometimes it locks up so much i don't want to do legs in the gym cause i don't want to risk it getting worse. it's very irritating.

That really sucks! Hope you get to the root of it soon so you can resume your full workout routine.

Can't disappoint the girls here and get flabby on us.

* like that would ever happen

That really sucks! Hope you get to the root of it soon so you can resume your full workout routine.

Can't disappoint the girls here and get flabby on us.

* like that would ever happen

haha, i won't get flabby. i'm still doing my cardio. i just don't want to lose the size of my legs though.

Can you explain the pain a bit better?

It could be sciatica, which is literally a pain in the * * * * . I used to to get it in my right hip, which freaked me out because of what was happening to my left. It made me feel like there was a stone embedded in the side of my hip, and i'd get sharp pains.

I also get nerve spasm pain in the side of my right hip. That feels like someone has gripped my thigh with a vice grip. The pain can radiate to the top of the hip, but it can also go down near the knee. Has that ever happened?

On the other hand, my left leg has a completely different pain. Like it's kinda...falling off. Does it click at all? Does the temperature of your leg change?

All of these are probably best being thought about and mentioned to your Dr.

My right hip socket has a fair bit of erosion .Just rest it suspend alot of the exercise on it.Also I have calcification in that area as well. It is a result of alot of martial arts kicking. I used to kick as hard and fast as most people punch.That type of extreme activity catches up with you unfortunately.Keep hot linament up to it and do not stretch it .I found stretching makes it alot worse.Get it xrayed and ultrasound maybe...Do not do chiro or physio as they agrravate the area more..heat is your friend.

Archived