Can you move on while still loving your ex?

Venomite
Why Men Come Back - ALWAYS
Why Men Come Back - ALWAYS

Me and my ex have been broken up for about 4.5 months now. We went from best friends --> relationship for two years --> LC for a month --> NC for a month --> talking regularly and pretty much best friends for the last 3 months.

I feel that deep in my heart that I still love this girl. I know that she still loves me, as she has actually told me not too long ago.

But I also feel that I have moved on from this relationship, and I probably wouldn't want to get back into a relationship with her if the opportunity ever came up.

Do you think these two concepts are mutually exclusive?

Hmm, I certainly hope so. I would consider getting back with my ex if he was "sure about me" and willing to get married. I love him deeply, still, though I am angry and disappointed at his choices. However, in the meantime, I feel that I am open to the idea of a new relationship and that I am healing more and more every day. Together and living together for 4 years total, we've only been broken up about 10 weeks though, and have very civil LC due to entanglements...hope to feel "done" at some point.

You sound like you are right on track.

Like others said, you love the person but you arn't IN love with them, so yeah you will move on sooner or later. Just keep strong and keep at it.

I think i'll always love my ex.

Although when we broke up she said "she would always love me" but I KNOW she just said that to make me feel better/lesson the guilt.

It's possible to still have feelings for an ex but to not want them back. It happens all the time and I definitely think under those circumstances, you can certainly move on. Once you come to the conclusion that the breakup was for the best, then you can move on

Archived