Be proud of who I am?

shy2cool

I think I am a bit of a strange pickle. I enjoy trying to look fashionable and maintain a modern look, but I also have some geeky hobbies such as computing and technology. I am also not into sports as much as other guys are. However, I do enjoy going out dancing and having fun.

Should I be proud to let people know the real me? I kinda don't like talking about some of my interests because I feel ashamed of them.

Be who you are. You should not be ashamed of it. If someone doesn't like you for you then it's their problem not yours.

Everyone loves computers so I don't think telling people you are into computing and technology would cause any negative reaction. If anything they'll just think you are intelligent - which is good, yes!?

I don't care if a guy is not into sports either. I'm not that into sports, so guys who aren't into sports would suit me more than someone who was.

I don't understand why computing and technology is still considered geeky hobbies. Everyone seems totally dependent on computing and technology..the jocks should be bowing down to kiss the feet of the computing/technology people because now they can text message all of their party girls rather than calling them on the phone when they need action...and...they can simply send them a text message when they don't want to have anything more to do with a particular party girl....what exactly do the jocks contribute to help their fellow humans! LOL

Be proud of who you are and what your hobbies are. Don't try to cover it up.

Ok, This is coming from a guy who, until november last year spent day after day at school getting to tons of **** getting kicked out of him due to his hobbies and interests.

BE YOUR SELF

Not one day did I ever feel ashamed of my interest, keep to them liek I and you'll feel better for it.

I don't understand why computing and technology is still considered geeky hobbies. Everyone seems totally dependent on computing and technology..

What I find worse is that whilst I am a bit more "knowledgeable" in IT type stuff (yes a bit nerdy) I see all those non-geeky people using them for longer time than me, or to be blunt, Facebook.

If you hide what your real interests are, how are you going to find someone that is going to be compatible with you? You should share at least SOME of the same interests.

Exactly.

You must let them know, at one point in time, what you like to do as a hobby and what you do for work. If they do not know what you do, or what you like, and somehow you lie, then all they'll be liking is the LIE! NOT YOU!

Imagine putting on a mask to look like Brad Pitt. How bad would you feel knowing the girls aren't coming at you for YOU, but that lying mask you have on?!

Be yourself, and when someone likes you for YOU, you'll feel SO much better, as compared to seeing them like 'you' for the lie(s) you told them.

Do not be ashamed of what you do, or what you personally like! Respect yourself, and when you show you're not shameful of what you do, they'll love that confidence! Self respect is attractive!

The "be yourself" advice is all good, if a little shopworn. It seems you are really asking how to attract women for dating purposes (given where you posted), and this is an entirely different question than whether or not to be proud of your interests.

The short answer is to create a plan to meet many women and work that plan. This is the step most guys skip, and end up fawning for an illusion of a relationship with a single woman, sometimes practically a stranger if not an outright stranger.

To be found attractive by women you meet, you should engage them in a flirty flow of conversation. Put analytical, serious talk on the backburner (unless you are prospecting in a postgrad library, even then use sparingly). Get a woman to talk about herself and her interests, play off that. She will decide whether she has interest or not (ideally she will decide, sometimes that's problematic in itself... another topic).

If she expresses interest, ask for her phone number early, excuse yourself after a bit instead of trying to hang on her for the rest of the night or day. Get two or three phone numbers in a single night, then call all of them and ask them out on casual dates. An interesting walk is a good one, something active. One of the three will flake on you, no prob, you have two more. Another one will be a dud, no prob, you have a third. If that third one is a dud, just get three more and start the process again. Once you are good at it, you can handle working 3-5 women at the same time to get to know them. More can be troublesome.

Don't settle down into a relationship with any one woman until she earns it by treating you with respect and kindness over time, the more time the better. Lots of duds out there to weed through. I still haven't mastered this process myself, but have gotten most of it down. Takes many years to perfect, like playing chess or an instrument, but simple on it's face.

This is the direct way to work your plan. Notice that nowhere in this process do your interests come up. That's for later once you have found a good, worthy one.

See to me that process makes no sense. I'd rather meet people I have things in common with and weed out the morons that are in the group. I won't even bother going on a first date with someone unless I know we share at LEAST one interest. I know a whole lot of women like me. I guess it just depends on what age group you're in? In general though, finding people that share your interests is still a little more difficult than finding someone who is decent.

I think I am a bit of a strange pickle. I enjoy trying to look fashionable and maintain a modern look, but I also have some geeky hobbies such as computing and technology. I am also not into sports as much as other guys are. However, I do enjoy going out dancing and having fun.

Should I be proud to let people know the real me? I kinda don't like talking about some of my interests because I feel ashamed of them.

You are a well rounded young bloke. Unique like no one else..shine as you are..be happy with yourself. You could be surprised how many people have commonality with you..its a nice thing..How boring would life be if we were all the same..

Archived