Question for Men about EMH

Chanel_70

My BF wakes up very hard, actaully he stays hard all night. I can roll over and flip my leg on him and he is always hard. I am not complianing at all.. I love it. And he gives me hardcore sex every morning and night. We have been together over a year and live together. I guess my question is? IS this normal? He is from Brazil, I am wondering if all men from Brazil are like this because I was married for seven years and my ex never woke up in the middle of the night with a woody..?

Cut & Paste

Nocturnal penile tumescence (NPT) is the spontaneous occurrence of a penile erection during sleep. All men without erectile dysfunction experience this phenomenon, usually several times during the night[1]. It typically happens during REM sleep and it is not uncommon for an erection to be present when a man wakes up — such an erection is colloquially referred to as morning wood in North America, and as morning glory in the United Kingdom (though in some areas of the U.K. the adjective piss-proud is often used instead).

The existence and predictability of nocturnal tumescence is used by sexual health practitioners to ascertain whether a given case of erectile dysfunction (E.D.) is psychological or physiological in origin. A patient presenting with E.D. is fitted with an elastic device to wear around his penis during sleep; the device detects changes in girth and relays the information to a computer for later analysis. If nocturnal tumescence is detected, then the E.D. is presumed to be due to a psychosomatic illness such as sexual anxiety; if not, then it is presumed to be due to a physiological cause.

The cause of NPT is not known certainly. Bancroft (2005) hypothesizes that the noradrenergic neurons of the locus ceruleus are inhibitory to penile erection, and that the cessation of their discharge that occurs during REM sleep may allow testosterone-related excitatory actions to manifest as NPT.[2]

Brazil, eh? I finally found the place I wanna settle in, thank you!

well, I think it would not be very common to have it on all night but most men get the morning erection and their rush of testestrone and this is when they say the three words every woman would love to hear: "hey, you awake?" (lol copyrighted by a comedian I saw on youtube!)

Archived