Can't Sleep. Share advice!

_Asti_

My SO is one step away from getting his career, and it's looking very promising, and we're both quite thrilled.

If he gets this, he goes away for several months for training.

But we just discovered that this place is not three hours away like we somehow assumed, and instead almost 7 hours away.

Long story short, based on what he will be enduring, getting to see each other will be almost non existant.

I'm getting really overwhelmed just thinking about it. I've been tossing and turning in bed for almost an hour, unable to shut my mind down.

What are all your secrets and tips?

I haven't been away from him for more than a few days in almost 5 years, maybe an odd trip here and there on our own for a week..

I'm trying to think of things that I could look forward to..like getting up to date on my TO READ book list that is constantly growing...things that I've been meaning to get to, but never do...

How do you guys cope and make the time pass??

I just need to get my mind to shut down tonight!

It will be good for you! you shouldn't be so dependent on him that you can't find other things to do with yourself and other friends and family if he's not around.

You can always take a class in something you've always wanted to do. Rent a bunch of girly movies that he would never want to watch.

He does watch the girly movies though!

Just so much of the life we've created is very couple focused. Maybe that's not healthy, but over the years we've created a life of our own, so to speak.

I am ok for a short period of time..but to go a month or two without him, of course its going to be a little...

hey, it's not so bad... and if it's a promising career move, it would be worth it. i'm sure if you really love each other, distance should never be a problem. i've been there. LDRs work. your sense of maturity, faith in each other, and commitment will make it work. ^_^

Go to sleep knowing your partner loves you. Works for me

(18 hours away from mine at least (by flight haha)

I know he loves me It's never a doubt in my mind.

It's just his presense I will miss. From being barely apart for 5 years, to being without him will be a huge adjustment, especially right during our prime, with so much going on and so much to look forward to.

Serenity Springs La Porte, IN | One...
Serenity Springs La Porte, IN | One Night's Just Not Enough

Archived