My friend wanna kill himself tomorrow and i dont know what to do

Ammanda

Hey im talking to my friend on aim and he said that he wanted to kill himself, hes 20.

The last time it happened i told him i was gonna call the cops, and i did, but the cops gave me an ohio help center number, which i called, and they gave me advices on what to say to him, and told me to wait cause when people talk about suicide they dont do it.... well he ended up at the hospital and i dont want that to happened again.. instead of actually help, they just talked to me n didnt go see him

he lost his mother and he keep saying that he misses her and that he wants to be reunited with him but if i talk to him about positive stuff and how i wanna help him he just rambles about the past and how no one loves him and hes all alone

i have no idea what to do

Edit: he got kicked out from his dads house 8 months ago and he had no where to live so he went to live with his grandparents, and he got in a big fight with them today and he said that they threat him like a child, and that hes sick of living there and that tomorrow hes gonna do it..

cause hes all alone, no where to go, and he cant come here my boyfriend hates him cause he think hes a manipulative friend, thing is.. im always there for him, and i am now.. but im at a point where i know im not enough help for him and need a professional..

when i told him about it, he said that he didnt want help from a doctor cause he had too many dark thoughts and that it would be too much for him to handle and would rather die

Does he have family you can contact...his father or some siblings?

No read my edit; he's alone. He doesn't talk to his dad, and his family well, i dont know what happened, he doesnt wanna say, but he said that his family let him down, and his family on his mother side; he doesnt talk to them since his mother passed. He said that he's gonna have a talk with his grandfather and that he will leave.

Well he said he was gonna do it tomorrow, i called the cops again who gave me the ohio help center, suicide center again...

I called and they told me to call the police if i fell my friends life was in a danger, its frustrating to know that theyre throwing the ball to each other... i dont know..

He asked his crush to call, but she said no and he said that the only way it would stop him was to talk to her on the phone n she refused, cause shes interrested in him but wanna take things slow, but me as a friend, he blocked me from aim when i told him his grandparents were acting with him this way for his own good.. he said that i had no idea of the situation and he left..

Ammanda, I think you've done the right thing by calling the police. Hopefully this is a cry for help from him and he has no intention of following through with this. The fact that he's asking his crush to call him etc. is actually a good sign. People that are determined to commit suicide will generally have it completely planned out and won't reach out to people like that...it sounds like he may be trying to manipulate his crush into talking to him. I hope that he will be okay, but you're very limited in what you can do for him, as you said he needs professional help. If he comes throught this episode okay, you should urge him to go to grief counseling and to see a doctor about his depression. I'm really sorry that you are going through this tonight, it's alot of pressuire to have to handle. You need to feel secure in the knowledge that you've done everything that you can, it's up to the police to take it from here. I hope you are okay and that everything turns out alright. He sounds very sad and grief stricken, I hope that he gets the help he needs.

Well, your obviously ina bit of a predicment here, as the police are useless it seems, theres only one thing I would suggest, if eh trusts you enough to talk, talk to you boyfriend, let the guy stay with you guys for a bit.

I know this is harder then it is to say, but seriosuly if you are that worried your boyfriend should at least be understanding.

I hope things go well.

How to leave an abusive relationshi...
How to leave an abusive relationship and why it's so hard

Archived