could you?

babii doll

one of my girlfriends recently started dating a guy who outright told her he does not like giving oral.

because of this she is considering dismissing him, even though she says he has LTR potential.

now im not one to judge, i mean the guy may have had a bad experience with oral before, maybe he just never grew to like it and could learn eventually with the right person...

OR he could just be one of those guys who doesnt like giving period, and if that is the case he might be better off with someone who feels the same way.

because a person who loves oral -giving AND receiving, wouldnt be a good match for someone who doesnt like giving i would think.

shes the type who loves it, so in away i can kindof see her point, but part of me thinks she should atleast give him a chance.

she asked me for my input and i kindof told her what i would do, but shes set on letting this guy go.

could you date someone who doesnt give oral?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one should be pressured into doing anything sexually that they don't want to do - but if that is a dealbreaker for the other person that too is their choice. It is neither right or wrong - it just is a matter of preference.

im all for giving the guy a chance but at the same time i am a bit biased, because i love giving and receiving, thats usually how i get off.

so i can say what i would do, but if the situation presented itself i'd probably feel the same way as my gf does on the matter.

its almost rare to find a guy who doesnt like to give, so i havent come accross many like that.

Sexual compatibility is important in a relationship. It could develope into a huge problem later.

lol i know this better than anyone, part of the reason my last relationship failed, it is ultimately her choice, i dont fault her for wanting to dismiss him after that comment, but i dont know.

if hes a match in every other way maybe this is something that could change.

ive met guys who didnt like it at first but grew to like it eventually.. who knows.

lol i know this better than anyone, part of the reason my last relationship failed, it is ultimately her choice, i dont fault her for wanting to dismiss him after that comment, but i dont know.

if hes a match in every other way maybe this is something that could change.

ive met guys who didnt like it at first but grew to like it eventually.. who knows.

Well, if she is able to break up with him over this, he most likely isn't a match in every other way.

eh. Silly reason to break up with someone. I like Oral, don't get me wrong. But If he dosnt enjoy it, then why break up with someone over that. I still enjoyed giving my Ex Oral Sex, knowing he didn't like the "taste" of going down on a girl. He never asked me to give him oral...but I did it cause I knew he liked it. And I was pleasuring my "mate". Usually we just had regular sex in all sorts of positions. But he would play with me and we'd have a good time making love...

Though, I'm not one that would totally determine a relationship over one little factor. If I loved the guy, then I can overlook it...I mean he never pressured me to give it to him...

Anyways. Silly reason to deal break...but everyones different.

LMAO @ scorpion fury. Your straight to the point honest is humorous for some reason.

I LOVE oral (just recently) since it's the only way I can get off. One I dated a guy who would not give but it wasn't a deal breaker since I never liked it back then.

Now I wouldn't dismiss a guy if he refused to give. But I think he should at least TRY.

You never know, the guy may surprise her. I've dated a whole lot of selfish guys but with my bf it seems he loves to do it to bring me pleasure. He said it's b/c he really likes me/feels alot for me and never did it in the past for just any girl. Now he asks me if he can give on his own. That's what I'm talkin' bout!

Maybe over time, if the guy develops feelings for your friend which are strong, he'll do it?

If she doesnt want to waste time and the oral is more important then maybe she isn't that into him.

I wish my boyfrined was more enthusiastic about going down on me.

He does it to make me happy and there are no complaints. But, it would be a lot better if he actually loved going down on me because that's what he wanted.

Yea definitely. Oh but I do have to ask sometimes lol. It doesn't feel as great as when he says he wants to do it on his own. There's something which makes me much much comfier when he offers himself.

Some days I get none while he gets off from sex or oral. It's not all about orgasms for me and I don't believe you both HAVE to get each other off everytime. As long as he does get me off or gives me oral more times then he doesn't I'm ok.

You never know, the guy may surprise her. I've dated a whole lot of selfish guys but with my bf it seems he loves to do it to bring me pleasure. He said it's b/c he really likes me/feels alot for me and never did it in the past for just any girl. Now he asks me if he can give on his own. That's what I'm talkin' bout!

sounds like my new guy. i woke up to him "giving" this morning..

he really loves giving and hes great at it, i never have to ask..so i'm a lucky girl..

i also told her he may be grow to like it, usually if your into a person your more than willing to please and from some of our recent talks he seems like a good guy and she seems to be into him alot, but doesnt want to invest more time because of this one snag. which is understandable.

He does it to make me happy and there are no complaints. But, it would be a lot better if he actually loved going down on me because that's what he wanted.

and THIS sounds like my ex lol. he liked it but he didnt LOVE it. sometimes i feel like he did it more out of obligation since he was getting oral from me. i dont miss those days.

sounds like my new guy. i woke up to him "giving" this morning..

he really loves giving and hes great at it, i never have to ask..so i'm a lucky girl..

i also told her he may be grow to like it, usually if your into a person your more than willing to please and from some of our recent talks he seems like a good guy and she seems to be into him alot, but doesnt want to invest more time because of this one snag. which is understandable.

Wow, I have yet to wake up to receiving (or giving) lol and can't help but wonder if I'd like it or not (I'm reallllyyyy not a morning person and get cranky if someone even wakes me). My bf always says when we live together it'll be a morning routine. We'll see if he keeps his word LOL.

This was one of my ex's, too. When we started out as a couple, he actually didn't want to do it (he was very sexually inexperienced and a bit squeamish.) I "trained" him by starting him doing it in the shower, haha. Once he realized it got such a nice reaction (though he wasn't a master at it) and that it inherently didn't taste bad, he "graduated" to being able to do it in a bedroom setting with my natural lube going.

But I never quite felt comfortable, because it wasn't love at first lick. And even after a while, I got the feeling he was not really THAT into it. He said he was, but it wasn't like how it's been with guys who love nothing more than to do it.

When a guy really and truly loves worshipping the female genitalia, there is nothing sexier in the world to me, and there's such a difference between feeling like a sex goddess because of that, and feeling you're just getting the "prescribed foreplay."

I am willing to deal with a guy who isn't nuts about it but likes to please me, but not doing it at all? That I couldn't do, because it's the ONLY way I can get off. Penetration doesn't do that for me and oral foreplay (both ways) is the best part of sex for me. So that would be a dealbreaker for me, if he refused and if your friend can't enjoy sex much without it.

But I'd say give him a chance by warming him up to it the way I described.

if they had an arrogant attitude about it' date=' nope, i wouldn't be with them. if it was workable then i'd give it a try.[/quote']

I agree. Simple but true.

Some guys won't give and REFUSE to give no matter what. You know how some guys compromise. Well these "types" won't. Mostly b/c it's macho thing maybe? Or they just feel it's icky.

Wow, I have yet to wake up to receiving (or giving) lol and can't help but wonder if I'd like it or not (I'm reallllyyyy not a morning person and get cranky if someone even wakes me). My bf always says when we live together it'll be a morning routine. We'll see if he keeps his word LOL.

Wow, sounds like a tough deal, haha. "I'll go down on you in return for your having to be woken up so we can have sex!"

Ugh.

Archived