I invite him and he goes.. but not with me

meg821

I've been dating a guy off and on for a couple years now, and I use dating loosely.. more like FWB. I invited him to Puerto Rico - he denies me then 6 months later he's asking me where I suggest to go in Pureto Rico to take his business partner (guy)...but today took the cake, I most recently asked him to go to South Beach for New Years, and he said he was interested makes me send my itinerary flight and hotel, which I offered to pay for the hotel and he said he couldn't "swing it" I just found out he not only is in South Beach this weekend but he was also there last weekend...)he lives in North Carolina. we work in the same industry which is why it has mostly been on and off....

He continues to tell me he misses me, and how wonderful I am to him but doesn't call when he's in town or promises too... by why deliberately go the places I wanted to go with him?

Oh and his facebook (he's 30) status line is "In South Beach again and not apologizing"

WTH? :sad:

If a guy you are not in a serious relationship "can't swing" the money to go somewhere with you on a trip, don't offer to pay to get him to go. Don't be a doormat, and don't do it for another guy either. If i were a guy and I were him, I would interpret that as an attempt to get me to have an intimate weekend with you, or maybe you want more.

If i were you, and wanted to go to south beach, i would just go. not to look for him while you were there or wait for him to go. I have found guys like it more when a girl makes her own plans. But don't do it for that.

You really can't expect anything from a FWB type situation.

I know it's easier said than done because feelings get involved and if you've been seeing him for a few years I imagine there must be something there for you to keep it going apart from the sex?

If you are going to get upset over stuff that he does or doesn't do it might be better to cut your losses, I'd say it's unlikely to go anywhere if it hasn't already.

Thanks for the advice everyone....

The main reason I have hung on is because he's good a sucking me back in when I try and leave him alone, one thing I forgot to mention, he is my client... so our companies work together another reason maybe I tolerated it longer than I should have.. But this morning I gave up the account to another rep so there is no reason for us to talk.

Archived