Pointless relationships?

xonicolemarie

Out of curiosity

Relationships where you dont see a future

which option do you believe in more

either

OPTION A- its good because you learn about yourself and your likes and dislikes before you commit to someone

OPTION B- its bad because you think there isnt a point in dating someone if you know its gonna end and you dont see why ud want to have your heart broken or break their heart

i think if you're young then 9/10 times the relationship will almost go "nowhere" (if you want to eventually get married) so in that case, i think it's ok to date casually. also some people just want the physical aspect of it for a while.

A-if you are younger because how else will you know what you do or do not like if you don't have experience?

and

B-if you are older, more mature (regardless of age), and feel that you are ready to settle with that one and only person, it's just selfish to waist someone elses' time or even worse, your own.

Wow, I've played this same conflict over and over in my head regarding my ex...he said he didn't want to continue our relationship in college, and I had to weigh whether or not I should enjoy it while I can and make the most of the limited time we have together or call it off because I knew there was no longer a future to look forward to.

I went with B. I don't think A is fair for anyone in anything more than a mutually super-casual relationship.

• 2 weeks later...

Option A -

If you just want to live in the moment.

Option B -

IMHO, I would say option B though. I had plenty of relationships that ended this way due to the fact that I realized it will not get anywhere. In the beginning of the relationship, it would be all nice and dandy but in the long run you begin to think - why am I wasting my time on this person when I can be with "the one".

Out of curiosity

Relationships where you dont see a future

which option do you believe in more

either

OPTION A- its good because you learn about yourself and your likes and dislikes before you commit to someone

OPTION B- its bad because you think there isnt a point in dating someone if you know its gonna end and you dont see why ud want to have your heart broken or break their heart

Option A.

Honestly I have learned so much over the years about what I want and what I don't want. If you asked me year after year what type of person is right for me you would have received a lot of different answers. Most of the time its because of what I believe was good on paper didn't match up with my experiences. I'm still learning too.

I never chose option B when the dealbreaker had to do with religion (i.e. once I decided, as a teenager, that I would only marry within my religion) but there were times - rare, but there were times - where I went out for more than a few times where there was no real potential on either side (i.e. no one was being led on) and it worked out fine. I did go on one or two dates - or kiss someone - at times where I knew there was no potential for a relationship. I never considered that "leading on" for that short a time.

5 Red Flags In Relationships
5 Red Flags In Relationships

Archived