Does he like me? I have no clue with this guy.......

sk8ter_gal86

well, I've been seeing this guy around in the school for 3 years. but its been 2 years since he actually NOTICED Me. Its been so long that i dont know exactly when he started following me around everywhere i go in the school, but i remember seeing him in front my classes, in front of my locker...whatever. hes really sweet looking guy, and I dont think he knows that i like him. He was around me all the time last year, but he stopped. I guess its all my fault, im too shy and I cant even look at him straight in the eye. Like one day he was walking in front of me, and we were the only ppl in the hall way, he looked at me, and like he was just staring so hard, i couldnt even breathe, so i looked away(staring at the floor) and ran away. Once in the morning, i was walking behind him, and one of my friend called my name "PAULA!" I didnt know that he turned around when my friend called me, but friend told me he turned around and looked at me, so i guess he knows my name. And last month, after exam, I saw him after my math exam, and he was walking in front of me, and he opened the door for me, i guess he thought i was going outside too, but i wasnt, so he was there holding the door for about 20 seconds for me, and i just kind of turned around and walked away... (i dont know why i did this, i shouldve just went outside) and durin the summer, i saw him at world youth day, i was talking to this guy i met, and he was there again, i didnt realise he was staring at me, but he was...and my friends described to me that he looked angry or whatever and ran away. (just because i was talking and laughing with a guy! who was 29years old anyways**im 16 and of course i cant date an old guy like that) but anyways help me and give me an advice ppl..!! I'm not sure if he likes me, and if u think he does then what should i do?? Im just too shy and stupid to go and make the first move... my friends has been telling me all these good pickup lines....but i dont think i can say anythin to him...

(sorry i wrote too much, too messy..! )

Hi sk8ter,

Thank you for coming to eNotalone.com with your question. I can fully understand your confusion and worries.

First of all, I think it's fair to you to tell you that this guy might be a little upset with you now. It looks like that he IS trying to get your attention and from his point of view it also looks like that you are pushing him away. I am not sure if he understands that you are shy. I tend to believe that he is shy, too... more or less, afraid of making the first move.

No matter how difficult this situation is for you, it does look like you will have to make the first move. And why not? What do you have to loose? It's not like that you walk up to this guy and tell him: "Hey I like you!". You could start with just talking to him about vacation, his interests and your interests. I am sure he's not going to bite you because of that.

I wish you good luck

~ SwingFox ~

Good call SwingFox!

Yes Paula, it is about time that you did something about this. This guy is also worried that he might seem "too obvious" if he were to make any further advances. Pride goes before the fall for some people.

Start off with a little conversation. I do not see any harm in that. May the winds of romance carry you on further from there....

I have the perfect solution for you. If you want him to make the first move, as the guy always should, have one of your friends tell him that you like him so he will know for sure. A similar situation happened with me, i was really confused as to whether or not this girl liked me and I never asked her out because i was so shy but when her friend told me " hey, becca thinks your cute" I knew for sure that she liked me and we have been going out ever since