Question about Job Application that was emailed to me by employer to bring with me on Monday

I'm certain they don't expect you to type it up; they'd have said so if they expected it, since in this day & age hardly anyone even owns a typewriter.

Just do it by hand, make sure it's legible, you'll be ok

No, they probably DON'T expect you to type it. This is precisely the reason why you should. You will likely be the only person who does type it, and they WILL notice this. It says something about you. It says you are detail-oriented, which is a very positive quality that many employers are looking for and which is laking in society and the workforce today.

Sure, you'll be "OK" if you write it by hand, but is that what you really want to be? OK? Dead mediocre? Wouldn't you rather stand out?

Just be aware, however, if you do decide to type it, it should be a conscious decision to do EVERYTHING that way when you go to work for these people. You should be obsessed with details and always going the extra mile. If you find yourself saying, "Hmmm, I probably don't HAVE to do that, that seems like overkill." then it's probably the right thing to do.

Unless of course you are applying at McDonald's or something, and then I would say the previous poster is right...it just doesn't matter.

Ok CD, Seriously, do you need me to explain that? You do realize what clicking is, right? You do realize that even with a laptop, you can click things, right?

ok i just figured it out, I left clicked on it and it allowed me to check the box.

Just bare with me, I never filled out a job application on a computer before

Ok CD, Seriously, do you need me to explain that? You do realize what clicking is, right? You do realize that even with a laptop, you can click things, right?

it's a question on the application asking should we contact you at work before I get to the employment section to say I'm not working. So do I just not answer that Yes or No question and leave the phone number section blank?

Archived