Question for mature women

My Advice

What Attracts Men to Women? Beginne...
What Attracts Men to Women? Beginners Guide!

I am curious. This question is for women who are at least older than 27. What do you think you have learned about dating, relationships boyfriends/husbands, that you did not know in your twenties and teens?

Do you think you are attracted to different types of men than when you were younger and less mature? Do you believe that you have always been attracted to the same type of men?

Although there are numerous "mature" twenty somethings out there and even once in a while an oddly mature 19 year old.

In general I find women over 31-32 are far easer to get along with, appreciate compliments more (not ass kissing, which I have never done) but genuine compliments, don't play games as much and are more emotionally stable.

My best relationship was with somebody much older than myself when I was in my early and mid twenties. What do you think has changed about yourself "if anything (and if not, what hasn't changed?)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is an easy question.

over time you grow and change as a person and you also get a better idea of what is going to suit you best in a mate. what you put up with 4 years ago is probably not something you will tolerate now because of the lessons (hopefully) learned.

I've learned the difference between the kind of man I want and the kind of man I really need. I've learned that romance can blind you and so, is a bit dangerous. Just look on these forums for those who keep hanging in there with bad men because the "really love them". I've learned that loves grows with the kind of man you need and fades with the kind of man you want. I've learned to recognize my faults and actually work on them, I've learned to not always put my man ahead of my career or friends. I've had the same career and friends much longer than I've had any man. I've learned how to talk to men so they will listen. I've learned to neither nag nor beg (that was a biggie!) Most of all, I've learned to value me, so being alone is far more attractive than being with the wrong man.

not every woman takes advantage of the lessons more time affords them. i know of alot of women twice my age that are 4 times as clueless.

the limit is in their aptitude and self awareness.

There are idiots and phenoms in every age group, lol

But I think generally you learn more as you live on. It's just they way it goes.

There are idiots and phenoms in every age group, lol

But I think generally you learn more as you live on. It's just they way it goes.

I think it's more like you get the opportunity to learn more.

Some never take that and thereforee never grow from the experience.

Younger persons have not been offered as many opportunities as older persons simply due to the fact that many many opportunities arise over time.

There are a lot of people who are perfectly intelligent but they take no risks, do not change their situation, and thereforee, remain the same.

Change only occurs when external forces are acting upon the person. Otherwise, they would remain in balance with their situation and not change.

I get more male attention now than I did in my 20's - from all age groups. Experience = maturity more than age.. however, as mature as I 'thought' I was when I was 25, I now look back and see I wasn't quite as mature as I thought then.

Some people elude that 'older' women settle for less because they are older and the choices aren't as many... Untrue.. it's not that I don't have as many choices, but those things I thought were important in my 20's, I now find are not a big deal. And its not that I've lessened my standard.. in fact, I've up-ed my standards, where as in there are fewer and fewer men that I choose to date.

and when I am 66, I hope I can look back and see that I've grown and changed even more. Change = growth... you really can't have one without the other.

Agree with you 100%. Man I thought I KNEW it ALL when I was young and everyone else was a dunderhead, and older people were just stupid blah blah, then I realised I knew exactly nothing and maybe older people were smarter than I thought.Now I feel I know more than your average dunderhead and so my standards are different.

you just said thats how you felt when you were young.

I suppose it depends on the woman. I got far more attention in my 20's than now in my 40's. Ironically, I think I actually look better now.

That's intersting... how do you feel about yourself? It took me awhile to get my own self worth... til about 33... then somewhere in my 15 year relationship that has now ended... I lost myself again...at least partially... damn shame.

Can you look in the mirror and say... hey, I love this person!

Archived