valentines day...

stranded247
Valentines Day is NOT
Valentines Day is NOT

This is a holiday I really don't like, lets admit it was just invented for hallmark to make a load of overtly sentimentally cute cards and make a load of money off them. Its just one day where people become overly sentimental. And then single people actually get depressed they don't have a S.O's c'mon its embarrassing! Anyway thats not what this post is about..but lets just say I'm no fan of vday. I told my boyfriend this but according to my best friend he's still planning to surprise me. He's quite rich, much wealthier than me but she told him to do something not too OTT she suggested candies and a card. So yeah I'm assuming thats what he's gonna do. He's a relatively new boyfriend but I'm guessing I need to get him something. Could I just get him a funny/slightly but not too cute card or would that be stingy? I'm just really skint atm and its my mums birthday the day before vday anyway. Also he's going skiing on valentines day so we cant do anything together.

Tell him directly not to get you anything too big and explain that you don't think vday is a big deal. Ask him what he thinks about vday. Give him examples of what you find appropriate for the day.

My boyfriend and I agree on nothing more than 30 dollars. I don't really put that much stock into vday. It's nice and "romantic" but it's really no different than any other day.

Tell him directly not to get you anything too big and explain that you don't think vday is a big deal. Ask him what he thinks about vday. Give him examples of what you find appropriate for the day.

My boyfriend and I agree on nothing more than 30 dollars. I don't really put that much stock into vday. It's nice and "romantic" but it's really no different than any other day.

Yeah i've pretty much told him that. Thing is I have no idea what to get him, is a card alright? I mean what do guys get for valentines day?! You cant exactly buy em heart shaped chocolates and flowers now can you? lol.

Yeah i've pretty much told him that. Thing is I have no idea what to get him, is a card alright? I mean what do guys get for valentines day?! You cant exactly buy em heart shaped chocolates and flowers now can you? lol.

Last year, my boyfriend got me chocolate and I burned him a bunch of cds.

This year, I'm getting him a book by one of his favourite authors (I will admit that I read it first He's one of my favourite authors too....) and he's coming down to visit me. Which we agreed would be his present since it will cost a lot.

Books, cds, hand make your cards if you can (one thing I refuse to buy on Vday is cards), a cool piece of clothing (hats, scarves, watches if you know your bf well enough), gift cards to some of your bf's favourite places (borders, starbucks, tim hortons, etc).

Or you can go completely money free and give him a sensual massage, make him something (I'm not that creative. Burning cd's is about as far as I go), cook him dinner with desert....

This is exactly my dilema!!

what the hell do you get guys!!!!

nintendo games?

sexy underwear?

and if your not officail you cant get a 'My Boyfriend, I love you!' card, can you!

Video games are a good one too.

However, those are usually in a higher price range (at least most of the good ones are).

You can get your boyfriend the orange box. Almost everybody loves portal, half life 2, and team fortress 2.

For the first little while, we both exchanged funny and cute cards because our relationship was still at that stage.

If it's still a new relationship, get a card. Bake him something. Make him a mix CD. Find a modern frame and frame a picture of the two of you. Fill up a big glass jar of candy, or Hershey Kisses. Find a romantic movie the two of you watched together.

For the first little while, we both exchanged funny and cute cards because our relationship was still at that stage.

If it's still a new relationship, get a card. Bake him something. Make him a mix CD. Find a modern frame and frame a picture of the two of you. Fill up a big glass jar of candy, or Hershey Kisses. Find a romantic movie the two of you watched together.

Those are both really cute ideas.

Im pretty sure he's not the 'cute card' / 'mixed cd' kind of guy.

goddarn.

i've always felt the same way. why do you need a day on the calendar to tell / show someone that you love them? and if you do, why the arbitrary date of feb. 14th? set your own special day that means something to you. it's like hallmark says jump so you jump (or buy actually...)

you should make him a really cute card. maybe write him a letter or just on the inside of the card what he means to you and maybe take some time to compile a list of things you love about him.

i've always felt the same way. why do you need a day on the calendar to tell / show someone that you love them? and if you do, why the arbitrary date of feb. 14th? set your own special day that means something to you. it's like hallmark says jump so you jump (or buy actually...)

you should make him a really cute card. maybe write him a letter or just on the inside of the card what he means to you and maybe take some time to compile a list of things you love about him.

Valentines Day is just ANOTHER opportunity to show how much you care.

If thats the only day of the year you do something sweet or nice, that's pathetic.

We use it as a chance to be completely ridiculous and plan something really nice.

But we also do that during the summer and the fall.

If you're in love, celebrate it. It's a day of love, there's nothing wrong with celebrating it. But if you're in love, one should also be celebrating it all year round.

Archived