I Did Everything WRONG

2 weeks ago I went to a job fair at a company I wanted to get a job with. I want to work there so badly that I was willing to take anything. Well I briefly spoke with a woman from the HR office and then sat and waited until they called me to meet with someone from an area in the company the HR woman thought I would best fit with. Well the original position she said I would be best for apparently in a matter of 10 minutes was already filled (I sat waiting forever, while people's names were being called left and right). So the 3 girls calling peoples names finally called me and I got up and one asked me which position the HR woman said I would be best for. I told them and they sent me to someone else instead.

I interviewed pretty well, not to mention I was dressed a hell of a lot more professional than a ton of others there (people had jeans, baseball hats, sneakers and t-shirts on). I sat down with a girl and I cannot remember what her name was (mistake #1) things went smoothly for the most part until the end. I don't even really know how I handled it but she had asked if I had any more questions and I did ask 'when can I expect to hear back regarding the position?' she said 2-3 weeks.

I wanted to send a thank you note but: 1. I'm not sure who the girl I spoke to was, she didn't give me a phone # either. 2. I do know the HR woman's name should I send one to her? (Yeah I know I should have sent it already). And 3. Part of me wants to just forget it and move on. I haven't had a job in like 2 years. I need some kind of direction because I am a headcase lol.

i don't think sending a thank you note to the HR woman would make any difference since she was not your interviewer, but if you have the company's email maybe you can do that. just send a simple thank you, addressed to the HR/recruiting team as a whole. ^_^

Archived