Ladies: What do you think makes a really good date or a bad one?

My Advice

Hmmm

I am curious. What are the things you like to do for first dates. What do you think makes a good first date? What makes a bad one? What turns you off on a first date besides the obvious (bad hygiene) If you were going to give advice on what a guy should not do on a first date besides the obvious, what would it be? I am looking to expand my dating knowledge beyond my own personal experiences during dates.

Hmmm

I am curious. What are the things you like to do for first dates. What do you think makes a good first date? What makes a bad one? What turns you off on a first date besides the obvious (bad hygiene) If you were going to give advice on what a guy should not do on a first date besides the obvious, what would it be? I am looking to expand my dating knowledge beyond my own personal experiences during dates.

Honestly, as long as I enjoy his company there really is no "bad" place we could go. My worst date was a romantic candle lit dinner on the beach, something I would consider to be an "ideal" date, but we had no connection and i couldn't wait for it to be over!

but as far as first places are concerned, anywhere, we can talk, and get to know each other is fine. I hate going to the movies on a first date, because we don't really get a chance to get to know each other. So dinner, or coffee is always good, and if that goes well we could always do something after like grab a drink, mini golf, take a walk on the beach..etc.

For things that would turn me would be if he was on his phone a lot, not really talking to me, talking about an ex or only talking about himself(not trying to get to know me) would be major turn offs.

I like light and fun first dates. My first date with my boyfriend, we went to a really nice Italian place. Then, we ended up playing tennis in our dressy clothes (I took off my heels and played bare foot). He was the captain of the tennis team and had all the stuff in his trunk.

There were a lot of jokes. We got lost twice while driving (something we still do quite often today). It was really laid back but lots of fun.

The date shouldn't be something you'd do with someone you've been dating a long time. Save the expensive dinners, flowers, etc. for later. Go have some coffee and chat. Go bowling and grab some cheap food. The most important thing to me (and it seems to most women in my age bracket) is the conversation. I know a date has gone well if I haven't noticed the time and it is way past my pumpkin time and all we've been doing is talking.

The date shouldn't be something you'd do with someone you've been dating a long time. Save the expensive dinners, flowers, etc. for later. Go have some coffee and chat. Go bowling and grab some cheap food. The most important thing to me (and it seems to most women in my age bracket) is the conversation. I know a date has gone well if I haven't noticed the time and it is way past my pumpkin time and all we've been doing is talking.

Yep, I agree completely with this.

However, I have gone on first dates with guys and didn't find myself attracted to them strictly b/c they chewed with their mouths open. It was so gross. So yeah, if you're eating, just make sure you dont do that.

i want first dates to be fun and friendly. just loosen up... no "best foot forward" moves. the best dates i can remember so far (with two different guys) were 1. a trolley ride after some light snacks at the cafeteria and 2. a seemingly endless walk on our way to the mall (because getting there you normally ride a taxi or take the train) then when we got there we just chilled by the lounge and watch the people passing by. they may seem far from the romantic dream dates but because there was connection, everything just fell into place (and paved way for the second date).

good first date - some humour, respect, some sort of connection, and leaving with the feeling of wanting to see them again.

for my first date with my ex we played pool and ate burgers. i was dressed in sweats and he wasn't dressed up either. there were a lot of sparks, though no kissing that day (i was fine with it). even though it rained, it was an amazing day.

bad first date - no connection, guy's a weirdo or a jerk.

it's alright to be a little nervous or a little shy, be yourself but i think the main thing is to enjoy your time together, don't follow too many rules other than the very basic ones (try not to be late, don't talk much about your ex, etc.)

Archived