I'm interested in someone..

gee
Talk To A Girl You Like - Horror St...
Talk To A Girl You Like - Horror Stories Reaction - Dating Stories Series - Darkpedia

Hello all,

Well, it seems like I have turned that corner to start dating again...I'm ready! I have found an interest in a young woman at work. I haven't spoken to her too much. We do have lite conversations but nothing big. Now, I have a party this weekend (my bday) and I invited her. She said, she couldn't make it because she would be out celebrating hers (mine is on Saturday and hers on Sunday) so she would be unable to make it, she said. She would've, though if she didn't have her bday almost same day as mine.

Today, she was ordering some candies for the office and I passed by her and she asked if I wanted anything. I told her some sour patche would be great. She said, I'll get them for you. She told me she LOVES Milky Way chocolates.

Ok, now I'm not saying she has an interest in me, but she has given me a look or two. I am VERY attracted to her! I'm not trying to fill a void because I am definitely over my ex. I am ready for this!!! I am!

After work today I went to a chocolate store and bought her 3 bags of some bite size Milky Ways (I hope that's not too much, hahaha), a small bday bag w/ colorful shred and a card (well, I have to organize it all in bag first). I intend to give this to her tomorrow morning. I thought her loving Milky Way and her bday is on Sunday would be a good gift idea.

Is this too much?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys I need some advice here! This is my first big step to dating/flirting (whatever) again! As always, I appreciate everyone here and I am truly blessed to have found this forum!

I hope everyone is doing well!

gee

well look at you stud haha. good to see where you're at, i'm really pleased for you.

sounds like a good idea, i don't think it's too much at all. if i were you i'd go for it.

Thanks man! I appreciate it!

I think I am going to go for it!

gee

hahaha. Each bag contains 8 fun size Milky Ways, as it says on the bag. hahahaha.

Too much CAD? However, she said, she loves them.

Do you think I'm going over the top with a gift like this?

gee

Yes, I think 3 bags of 8 is a bit much. I think the kind gesture and cutesy nature of the gift won't be lost with 2 bags. Also, maybe 3 bags will tempt her to eat that much more of the candy. I personally do not have much self control...if you gave me three of those bags it wouldn't be long before I scarfed down those chocolates...so while my brain and taste buds would be really pleased with three bags, my body and the scale wouldn't be! Just something to think about. In the end it is the gesture which counts, not the amount.

Yes, I think 3 bags of 8 is a bit much. I think the kind gesture and cutesy nature of the gift won't be lost with 2 bags. Also, maybe 3 bags will tempt her to eat that much more of the candy. I personally do not have much self control...if you gave me three of those bags it wouldn't be long before I scarfed down those chocolates...so while my brain and taste buds would be really pleased with three bags, my body and the scale wouldn't be! Just something to think about. In the end it is the gesture which counts, not the amount.

Yeah, I just opened 2 bags and look like a lot! It looks like I just got back from trick or treating. hahaha.

Ok, so 2 bags it is! CAD, do you think this is too much, though? I'm really not looking for anything serious and I don't want her to think so. Is this a good approach?

Thanks,

gee

Yeah, I think it is fine. I think it could be taken as just a fun, lighthearted gesture. Can you send the third bag my way? LOL

Hahahaha! Sure.

I'll let you know her reaction tomorrow.

Thanks,

gee

well, I gave it to her this morning. I was nevervous and shaking. I have never felt like this before. Anyway, she wasnt around her desk so I left it there for her. 10-15min later. I received a facebook friends request from her. I was freaking shaking damn! I went by and she still wasn't there. I turned around and there she was walking towards me w/ a big smile. She said, it was the sweetes and most thoughtful thing. I tld her to enjoy and not to over do it. hahaha. She said, thank you so much!

She wrote on my Fb wall. Don't force me to eat all these Milkyways by myself. Come and have some w/ me.

I told her I would.

We conversed a bit got to know her a bit more. She is very nice! Super sweet! I was in the break room and she passed by me with the biggest smile. She said, it made her day!

What do I do next? Guys help me out here!

gee

Well, I have be having lunch with her sometime next week. I asked her we should have lunch next week. She said, that would be fun! Still can't read her well. Damnit!

So, earlier I told her I was going to have some chocolates with her but I'm so busy in the lab I told her if I didn't see her to enjoy her birthday this weekend. She replied with, your're not going to come over to have some chocolate with me ? hahaha

I don't know what to think, but I'm heading over there NOW!

Wish me luck guys!

gee

Update

Hello all,

Well, I thought I did a good job with the chocolates last Friday. She was actually very open with me.

So, I walked in Monday morning greeted her and she just had a beautiful smile on her when she saw me. Asked me how my birthday weekend went and I asked her the same as it was her birthday that same weekend. So, off I went to the lab and I saw her on FB. We started chatting and she was saying how I was her bday twin (not sure how to take that). We were going back and forth and I thought the conversation was going well. It felt great I tell ya. I reminded her about lunch and she said, I dunno, when? I said, today. She said, cool. So, we planned this. Also, I told her if she wanted more chocolates that I still had some more and would give her some if she wanted she said, OF COURSE! She was so happy!

This is where things get interesting...She sent me an email asking for some information she can easily get herself. I helped her out and she was very sweet with me sending me smiley faces and winks (I know this doesn't mean anything) but I took it as she is interested. Now, we have offices accross the street and she sent me an email saying she will be going accross the street that HR had some emergency and would let me know if she can go to lunch, or not. I hope they let me go, she said. I said, no problem and good luck.

Lunch comes...no email! I wait till 1pm thinking she might be extremely busy and will send me an email later. I would understand, I said. I received nothing! The next day I didn't see her but someone told me she headed accross the street again. Again, no email from her. I decided not to email her, as well. Yesterday, I walk in and I see her and say, HEY, how are you? She barely looks at me and says, hey, I'm good. I continue walking by and say to myself, OK! I let that go and just didn't acknowledge her. I mean she didn't even email me to apologize abou tlunch. I seriously doubt she forgot about it!

Today, I walk in and she has somewhat of a different attitude. This time she smiles and tries to strike something but I kept it short and simple. I left and that was that. I was in the break room and she walks in and I'm on my laptop replying some emails and just try to act as if nothing happened. She tried to say something like, this is your office now? I said, nah, I just need some quiet time and peace from the lab. She said, something but acted as if I didn't hear her. She kept going back and forth and I'm sure trying to get my attention but I didn't acknowledge her. I just smiled as she walked out.

I don't know guys this girl looks at me when I walk by. I can feel her looking at me. I feel as if she tries to get my attention but I'm not going to waste my time anymore. I think I tried by breaking the ice and seeing if there was something there. I might be jumping into conclusions and not giving it a chance, but come on at least an apology for bailing out on lunch would be nice.

This girl is VERY attractive and almost everyone there has already said something about ther (how HOT she is). I'm just trying to not get burned and especially that we work together I don't want it to get to a point where we have to ignore one another. I think that's why I'm pulling back!!!

Guys, I'm really attracted to her and I just don't understand her behavior. Someone told me to ask her for lunch again and tell her not to bail on me this time as a joke. I don't want to ask again and seem desperate!!! I used to be like this and just don't like that about myself. For once I'd like someone to do some of the chasing. Some say she may be shy (doubt that)!

What do you al think?

Thanks for reading and as always I hope everyone is doing well! God bless!

gee

I would not ask her again. She walks by you, tries to talk to you but doesn't even apologize for blowing you off for lunch! Not only that, but you went out of your way to do something sweet for her and then she blows you off! That's just rude...she needs manners. I would not bother..send the clear message by your aloofness that you don't tolerate being blown off.

Archived