How do I respond to this?

Kevma

I get a text this morning that says " Why is that you keep showing up in my dreams. Makes me miss you even more." Now, just to let it be known I've been strong w/ the little contact that we've had so far. No I miss you's or I'm thinking of you, from me. Nothing even close.

I dont know how to respond to her, if at all. I know what my heart says but my head is saying something completely different, that shes looking for a reply to boost her ego. That after two months of me not really letting her know how much I miss her and that I still think about her, now shes looking for it. I would love some suggestions on what you guys think you would do in my situation.

I'm sorry let me be a little clearer. I did let her know those things and we did talk during the first two weeks we were broken up. But I never did the pleading and begging, I accepted it for what it was. She knows how much I loved her.

In my opinion.

Stick with NC if you aren't okay. If you're hurting or emotionally unstable. If you don't expect anything from the conversation, you won't be hurting yourself. You may love the girl with all your heart, but if she isn't showing the same thing and just going to offer you breadcrumbs, would you settle for it?

If you don't expect anything and are okay with her not being with you, her dating other guys and even sleeping with them. Then by all means keeping light contact is up to you. (If you aren't sure, stick with NC, you're just putting yourself in a position to get hurt again.) Until you are absolutely sure that you can deal with her dating other guys and that you will never end up together, being friends couldn't hurt.

is this the first time she's said anything like that to you? (since the breakup)

No, shes told me thats its hard and she misses me, but nothing relating to getting back together. I want to reply b/c its not in my makeup to ignore her but I don't want to give her anything if all she is looking for is an ego boost or to know that I'm still completely not over her.

Archived