issues with the Ex...

JiN

i have another post around here about my relationship, but i'll give a brief overview. i went out with this gurl for 3 years (to a teenager 3 years is like a decade ) and one day back in january she dropped the bomb on me that she didn't wanna go out anymore...she didnt want to waste her youth by settling down so fast, but she thinks we should get back together when we're older like 25. it didnt really hurt that much at all because i have a feeling she and i were meant to be. many things pointed me in that direction, i dont wanna get into it, but for one example we have the SAME birthday. wut hurt me was a week later she told me she had a boyfriend and they've had sex before. this devasted me. i fell into a deep depression for about a week, but cut off all contact with her...i had to get my life back together.

things were going well until i slipped up ONCE, and wuz weak enough to call her up about 2 weeks later. during that call (i dont know wut i was thinking) i said how about we meet a month later. she agreed...but the day we're meeting is tomorrow. since we've talked i've "been with" three girls, but i felt so empty afterwards cuz i didnt have that conneciton of love i had with my ex. she initiated several conversations with me during the course of this week that all went REALLY well. basically i told her, i'm not sure if i'm ready to see her again, but she said she would like to meet with me, has dreams about me all the time, and misses me. she and i were so close we always know wut the other is thinking. something tells me she will come back to me if i dont (censored) up our first meeting.

so basically my problem is, my heart is aching for her and wants to see her and my brain is telling me "no" and holding me back. i'm really a whole new person from the one she knew, physically and mentally (i've been doing a lot of meditation and working out) and i think she'll like the new me a whole lot better.

is this a bad idea? i'm not expecting to get with her right away...hell i dont even know if i want to get back with her yet. i'm just so jealous some other guy is enjoying the happiness i had for so long ya know? any advice would be greatly appreciated, sorry this was so long!!

Ok,I don't know precisely how to handle this, sometimes it is better to go with your brain than your heart. I'll tell you one thing for certain though, you gotta go and see her! If you still feel the same connection to her as you did before then go for it! If things don't feel too akward and you are overall satisfied with your meeting than once again, GO FOR IT!

So basically, you just have to see her. Ya never know, things could be better? Atleast give it a shot and keep us posted! Best of Luck!

Hi JiN,

Thank you for coming to eNotalone.com with your question. I understand that you are feeling very confused and I am sorry about that.

My suggestion is though, to go and see her. What harm can it do anyways? It may not help, but it may not harm you, either. I advice to just do something fancy and talk to this girl. You'll never know what's gonna happen indeed. Just go out with her and have some fun... then take things from there.

I wish you good luck and a lot of fun.

~ SwingFox ~