All the Things You Didn't Like About Your Ex

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Taking a cue from peace lilly, this is a thread to let everyone vent about things they didn't like about their ex. I'll start!

1) He got stupid silly drunk too often

2) He often spent his money recklessly, like buying drinks for all his friends at the bar

3) He was too aggressive-would sometimes start fights with people

4) Acted like a stupid teenager at times, such as when he put laundry detergent in the fountain of my condo development

5) Rarely if ever showed accountability for his actions-liked to blame others

6) Was often sarcastic

7) HORRIBLE COMMUNICATION SKILLS

8) Went out partying with his friends too much

9) Had trouble being honest!!!

10) Would always say he was going to start working out to lose weight but never did

Ok--your turn!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Taking a cue from peace lilly, this is a thread to let everyone vent about things they didn't like about their ex. I'll start!

1) He got stupid silly drunk too often

2) He often spent his money recklessly, like buying drinks for all his friends at the bar

3) He was too aggressive-would sometimes start fights with people

4) Acted like a stupid teenager at times, such as when he put laundry detergent in the fountain of my condo development

5) Rarely if ever showed accountability for his actions-liked to blame others

6) Was often sarcastic

7) HORRIBLE COMMUNICATION SKILLS

8) Went out partying with his friends too much

9) Had trouble being honest!!!

10) Would always say he was going to start working out to lose weight but never did

Ok--your turn!

Wondering if you and I were dating the same guy? With the exception of numbers 4, 8, and 10

I've already posted about my first ex, so I guess this list will be about my second one.

- Cold, indifferent, and aloof

- Would always wait 5 minutes before answering a direct yes or no question

- Stayed up way too late

- Hated dancing

- Very rarely would discuss anything serious

- Sarcastic and smug

- Irresponsible with money

- Flirtacious with other guys

- Short temper

- Hated my dog

... There's more, but I think I'll stop while I'm ahead.

1) Had a four month affair and lied about it.

2) Never appreciated the things I did for her

3) Expected love to be like in the movies. She created a standard most people couldn't meet.

4) The focus was always on her. Her feelings. Her wants. Her needs. Her desires.

5) Although she's brilliant, she doesn't work up to her potential.

6) Nothing is ever her fault.

7) Short temper

8) Always felt like the country she was from was so much better than America.

All in all, she was an amazing girlfriend though, I can't lie.

1) Had a four month affair and lied about it.

2) Never appreciated the things I did for her

3) Expected love to be like in the movies. She created a standard most people couldn't meet.

4) The focus was always on her. Her feelings. Her wants. Her needs. Her desires.

5) Although she's brilliant, she doesn't work up to her potential.

6) Nothing is ever her fault.

7) Short temper

8) Always felt like the country she was from was so much better than America.

All in all, she was an amazing girlfriend though, I can't lie.

Was Atlas Shrugged her favourite novel though?

1. Habitutual Liar

2. Inconsiderate of others

3. LAZY-I worked and paid all the bills

4. Put drugs and friends above family

5. Would sneak out in the middle of the night to meet others (men & women)

6. Would steal debit card and withdrawal my money in middle of nite

7. Always made me feel worthless

8. Stole from the childrens piggy banks

9. Never lifted a finger to help, slept most of day

10. Never took responsibility for his own actions it was always something i done that made him do whatever stupid thing he done.

11. Became a meth head and started selling too

12. Bringing my self esteem down so low that it took me 18 years to get rid of him, but thank you Lord I'm out now!!!!

13-20 Lied, Good-for-nothing, lied, cheated, stole, lied, lied, and lied some more and so darn convincing!! You could catch him in the act and he'd convince you that you didn't see what you thought you seen, OH HE WAS GOOD!!! LOL

That's what I was thinking...whoa, even JOHN GALT couldn't meet her standards?

Maybe she saw him as an Ellesworth Toohey.

Was thinking the same and why would no.4 be a complaint to an objectivist?

As for loving her country more than America, the ARI say that America is heading for fascism! Though they cannot give a time line for this!

1) Went through an entire cabinet of drinking glassed every week because he never used the same cup twice and would often just leave it around the house

2) Germ-a-phob who acted like I had the plague if I had a cold and asked every single time when I sneezed if I were getting sick

3) Stopped saying thank-you when I made dinner every week-night

4) Could never make up his mind when it came to decision making...i.e., what do you want to eat and where, etc.

5) Ordered the same thing every Friday when we hit up a favorite dinner location.

6) Complained more about his body than I have heard any guy ever complain...I swear, I thought it was the woman that said "I feel and look fat today"

7) Never saw my family, it seemed. Always had an excuse or complained about it; I saw his often

8 ) Was depressed about his job, looked for a new one, then gave up easily.

9) Never liked my cat. If she acted out, he would physically hit her (he did this once while she was in my arms and missed and hit me)

10) Wasn't 100% honest. Lied to me about a job offer because he said "I wouldn't move" without truly discussing it with me at all.

11) Told me that because I can't discipline my cat (you try disciplining a cat!) that I wouldn't discipline children. Interesting, since he was the one that was awkward around small children and I'd been around them my whole life.

12) It was like pulling teeth to get him to come out with my friends

13) Tracked every dollar to the penny and made me feel badly for having debt. Complained he didn't have money when he made more than I did and had NO college debt. (We always split everything 50/50 and one time I yelled at him to stop complaining about money because he couldn't even begin to imagine life with debt because he never had any).

I'm sure I could find more because 4 months later, I am starting to remember a lot more annoying thing than good things.

1. Always compared me to her previous ex. Look, I have neither the time nor the desire to be on the phone with you for 4 hours a day like he did.

2. Everything was always about her, and whenever we had a problem, it was because I didn't try hard enough.

3. She did something stupid to piss off my family, and made no effort to reconcile.

4. Would get angry at me if I ordered the same dish as her when we went out to a restaurant.

5. Complained that I never treated her, when I paid for > 80% of our outings and bought her spontaneous gifts.

1. Didn't like any of my friends

2. Always had to be right about everything, even when I'd show him evidence that he was wrong

3. Would let dirty dishes pile up in the sink and clog it

4. Was defensive about his personal possessions, like I couldn't even vacuum around them

5. Flip-flopped his sleep schedule so he'd sleep during daytime and I'd have to keep quiet so he could sleep, then he'd get up when I had to sleep and we wouldn't spend any time together

6. Wouldn't talk to me in English out in public if we were with someone

7. Was/is obsessed with WoW (how many relationships has that game mangled haha)

8. Blamed others for his problems

9. Didn't want to further his education

10. Didn't like my family; didn't like most people in general.

11. Turned out to be a hypocrite.

Wow. Why do I want this guy back? I must be mad.

Wow. Why do I want this guy back? I must be mad.

You're not mad, I was there as well. I'm finally getting past feelings of wanting him back and it took four months. Falling out of love isn't easy for a dumpee, I think, if the relationship was a long one. But there is a better person out there for both of us.

I have a few more about my ex.

1) Did cocaine behind my back on our FIRST go-around (swore he wasn't doing it anymore when we got back together, but since he lied to me about other things, who knows?)

2) Always seemed to want to hang out with his friends more than me

3) Is a smoker. I hate smoking

4) Liked to keep his ex-gfs and ex-hookups around

5) Monopolized my TV remote

6) Liked guns and enjoyed going to the shooting range-I hate guns.

That she had a/multiple personality disorders and new it I think. And enterd into a relationship with me anyways. It was doomed from the start and I invested 2 years of my life with someone that new it would fail. And have spent the last 2 years trying to recover.

My last ex was a great guy. I actually feel terrible for making this list, but it's all in the name of fun. Right?

1. Ate like a pig

2. Shopped like a woman- he used to wear me out!

3. Used to cuddle up to me so close that he would push me off the bed at night

4. He didn't smell good, despite having great personal hygiene. I could never work out what it was.

5. He was more emotional than I was comfortable with

6. Was a terrible driver. I used to have to put the seat back and close my eyes when he was driving.

7. He was very depressed and refused to seek help

8. He was VERY intelligent and used to try to intimidate me with big words

9. Would eat anything. A person needs to have some standards.

10. Flushed a condom down my toilet and made it overflow.

Overall, his good qualities outweighed his bad ones, but the bad ones are not to be ignored.

1 drunk half a bottle of vodka a night

2 talked a lot about her ex slagging him off

3 wouldnt do plans

4 didnt give a toss about telling her kids taht we would live together , then break it off nxt day 3 times

5 moaned about every one and had to talk her throgh it all

6 called her kids dad thick to their kids face, when he may have been slow, but a good dad

7 wouldnt go to bed till all hours when i had work next day, saying its only early, but if other way round, ohh no

8 got back together 4 times saying she was sorry and wouldnt do it again

so why the hell do i miss her and try to see why she does these things and half feel sorry for her ](*,)

1. Irresponsible with his money. He always insisted on borrowing money from other people instead of using it more wisely, and in fact he owes me $70 right now - which he could have paid back MONTHS ago from some work he got paid for, but instead spent it on stupid clothes.

2. He kept saying he'd get a job, get his license, etc. but he continued to mooch off of me and his parents without ever attempting to do something for himself.

3. After a couple months, sex became a routine way for him to get his rocks off and he stopped caring about my pleasure. He didn't get me off once and kept saying he'd give me oral someday but never followed through.

4. Unreliable. He could hardly keep his word on ANYTHING, whether it was something as small as "I'll call you when I get home" or a long-term promise.

5. Insensitive. He rarely cared about how I felt, and if I got upset, he'd sometimes even blow up at me, saying "it's all about you, isn't it?!" If I were having a bad day, he'd get aggravated. He would often ignore me or blow me off for other people.

6. He didn't seem to care if I weren't in the mood - if he wanted something, he'd ALWAYS push it. Even the times where I was in tears because of some fight, he'd be sweet and kiss me - and then ruin it by trying to make out and grab my boob!

7. He was (and is) very rude towards me. There were things he said while we were dating that were completely out of line or just tactless, and even now, he "jokes" with me by insulting me or saying cruel things. Even if I ask him to stop or tone it down, he gets mad, saying I can't take a joke.

8. He has a horrible temper. He lashed out at me, threw things, and hit things (including me). He was always quick to raise his voice or become angry.

9. He was super critical of my taste in music, movies, etc. He was a massive elitist and always insulted or made fun of the bands I liked. One time he even told me to take off the t-shirt I was wearing and just walk around in my cami (it was a t-shirt of a band he doesn't like) or he didn't want to be seen with me.

10. He changed. He used to be the sweetest guy I ever knew, one who cared a lot about me, and he turned into someone arrogant, rude, and selfish. That's the one thing I absolutely can't get over.

1. Too selfish.

2. No drive or amibition--Never started college, still hasn't.

3. Incomplete..there's something about her where she's never complete unless she has male attention or she just isn't content/happy with herself. Which ties into her cheating.

4. Her friends make the choices for her.

1. Very poor understanding of the English language (his only language, lol). I was constantly accused of using "big words" to make him feel stupid.

He once used the term "fraudulent slip." So then I had to explain what fraudulent meant, what a Freudian slip is (because what he was referring to was not a Freudian slip), and who Freud was. It was kinda funny. At least he had a sense of humor about that one.

2. Deep in CC debt in his early 20's. 5 digits deep. And no education.

3. Couldn't keep a normal job for longer than 3 months because everyone he worked with hated him. The only jobs he was good at - and could keep - were sketchy sales jobs. (Sketchy would probably be too big of a word for him. I'm not kidding.)

4. Smoker and pot smoker. He has an addictive personality.

5. His psychotic, narcissistic brother had him whipped.

6. Plans maybe 5 minutes into the future. Everything is done on a whim (and usually the worst choice he could make... hence, his deep debt)

7. Yells at servers and sales people, calls them stupid, etc. Feels entitled to everything when he does absolutely nothing to deserve it. He's your worst nightmare if you work with customers (of any sort).

8. Disgustingly manipulative to everyone around him, including strangers.

9. Smothering and controlling.

10. Very aggressive. Definitely has a few screws loose.

11. Road trips were awful. I wanted to throw myself out of the moving car. He could not ever STFU! Is it so hard to just enjoy a moment of silence??

12. Has literally only one interest. That is cars... and he can't make them work. ](*,) All day, every day... it was the only thing he would talk about.

13. Has no opinion of his own.

14. Blames everyone else for his problems.

15. Owes me $2000. I consider it my investment on getting rid of him though, so whatever.

I don't know what I saw in him. If some other girl actually wants him, she can have him.

Y'all I am amazed and stunned by what you put up with. You must be very patient and tolerant people. Really. I am so proud of you for getting out.

My last ex was a great guy. I actually feel terrible for making this list, but it's all in the name of fun. Right?

Overall, his good qualities outweighed his bad ones, but the bad ones are not to be ignored.

The point of the list is not to make your ex seem like a bad person (although in my book, some of the behavior on these lists definitely qualifies for bad person status.) The point is to remind yourself of something good in your new single life-- that you no longer have to put up with certain irritating behaviors and you do not have to make excuses for them to 3rd parties (or in your own head) anymore.

We should all celebrate. These behaviors are not our problems anymore. And everyday that we don't talk to these people, they become less and less our problems.

My ex fell into the good outweighed the bad category too, but just because he was a good person doesn't mean he was good For Me. That's the point of the list.

Oh, and I'm flattered by the credit, but I took the idea from Chocolates. I think she must be taking a break or something...hasn't posted in a while.

Archived