I met this guy who is 5'6...i tend to not stand up perfectly straight anyways but if i did i would be a few inches taller i think...when standing next to him i tried not to stand up too straight and i also wore my lowest heels i had which was about an inch or maybe a little less..not exactly sure..i do like wearing higher heels than that but i know i can't with him b/c it would be too awkward i think...we went out on one date so far

he has a good personality and i was a little attracted but questioned it because of his height....outspoken, funny, edgy..seems to have manners..but the height kind of bothers me a little.....i wish he was a little taller

he reminds me of some of my brothers friends who i met when i was younger..and they were about the same height..but the way they carried themselves, i think they were able to be with different women b/c of it..i remember having slight crushes on them

Don't slouch to look shorter. That isn't flattering to you and he won't like you more because you are slouching. Lots of men date women taller than they are and are quite fine with it. I think you are doing both of you guys a disservice if you are wearing shoes that you might not like or slouching. Stand up straight and be proud of who you are. Slouching gives the appearance of insecurity....you don't want to give that impression to the world.

This guy is an adult male of 5'6. He knows he is a short guy. You don't have to crouch and slouch to build his self esteem....and if you did i'd be worried. Just stand up straight and be yourself. Others will notice you slouching and perhaps think you have low self esteem.

I am sure he likes you the height you are.

One of my best friends is a guy that is 5'6 and he absolutely loves women that are taller then him. He hates when women try to "make" themselves shorters by not wearing heels or slouching ..be yourself, he probably loves that you are taller!

btw - do you think you can get over his height or you think it would be an issue for you in the long run?

My friend has this problem with women, they all think he is great but his height is almost always a dead breaker. He is a great guy & they are all missing out, I hope you dont!

Interesting thread. You almost sound like a woman I know. She's 5'9" and I'm 5'6". FYI, we made out last Friday just fine. What I think your problem is is that you're insecure about your own height and you just want him to acknowledge it and move on, and done in such a way that you feel safe around him regardless of his stature. Both of you should stand up straight and still be able to look each other in the eye. And trust me, when he picks you up and tosses you over his shoulder, height is going to be so far from your mind it's not something to fret over.

At least that's how I roll and why for the most part height has NEVER been an issue.

Im 5'6'' and I couldn't care less if a girl is taller than me. The truth is I like tall girls, but it balances out because I like to be able to pick em up though frankly the height doesn't usually hinder that. Height is a girls concern, for a guy it really doesn't do much, its more about proportions for us, at least, as far as attraction goes.

I don't see what the problem is. I've dated guys that are shorter than me and I didn't care in the slightest. I didn't slouch, and I wore heels when I wanted to. He didn't mind, in fact in many ways he liked that I was a little taller than him! And I didn't mind at all. In the end, it had nothing to do with the relationship that we had together.

Yeah I am 5'7" and would love to date a women my height or a little taller. I dated a few but unfortunately, I don't think they liked it. One thing is girls just don't like the way they look standing next to a guy shorter than them. Be careful that you can deal with it. I think you should wear what ever shoes you want but tall girls love to wear heels and that exacerbates the problem.

I am 5"2 and a half (yes the half matters) and at some point in my 20s I started being more attracted to men who were shorter rather than tall (meaning, for me 5"11 or over). My husband is 5"5 and a half (although he says 5"6, ummmm ok maybe ;-) and he doesn't mind if I wear heels and end up a little taller than him. One of his exes is 5"9 - was never a problem.

I did tend not to be attracted to men who were very skinny.

I am 5"2 and a half (yes the half matters) and at some point in my 20s I started being more attracted to men who were shorter rather than tall (meaning, for me 5"11 or over). My husband is 5"5 and a half (although he says 5"6, ummmm ok maybe ;-) and he doesn't mind if I wear heels and end up a little taller than him. One of his exes is 5"9 - was never a problem.

I did tend not to be attracted to men who were very skinny.

short girls are hot.... i hate tall lanky girls...

I felt the same way as you... at first.

He is about 5'5 and I'm just 5'4 so it's close. At first I didn't go out with him because of his height, was a major turn off. But then I realized what an awesome guy he was and I was hooked.

Turns out he has no problem with being with a girl who is as tall as him (pretty much). And when I wear my 3 or 4 inch heels I literally tower over him. And surprisingly he loves it. He says a short guy who can get a tall girl is "the man" were his words exactly.

Some guys hate it, but if your man doesn't and you can get over it- do it. I did and haven't looked back, short guys are all the rage

The guy I'm interested in now is 5'7". Although, I generally like guys taller than me by a whole lot, 6 foot and up, but when it really comes down to it, personality matters, not height. I'm 5'3" but I've dated two guys who were around 5'1"ish 5'2"ish when I was in high school.

I'm 5'7 and for me the experiences I've had have basically caused me to stop considering girls taller than me as potential dating material. I know it's generalization and I'm probably missing out on some decent girls because of this, but it's just a defense mechanism caused by being to exposed to too many "he's cute, I would totally date him if he was taller"-type phrases.

I wonder if I'm alone in thinking this way...

I'm not too upset by it though, there are *plenty* of cute girls out there who are shorter than me, and, to be honest, I like the idea of being bigger than my girl, being able to wrap her up in my arms.

Eh... Me, I'm only about 5'3", if I'm lucky, and I'm pretty sure it's one of the bigger reasons I haven't found me a girl, yet... I mean, 5'6", 5'7" for a guy seems to be cutting it for a lot of girls, but 5'3"? To make matters worse, I can't say that I've come accross a lot of girls that are shorter than I am. There was one girl I can think of during high school, and despite the fact that she was considered the "hottest girl in the class", I couldn't stand her because she was way too obnoxious and full of herself. Aside from her, most other short girls I meet are old enough to be my mother (or grandmother...). To be honest, though, I don't want to date a girl shorter than me. Not that it would definitely be a deal breaker, it just weirds me out, for some reason.

That said, I totally wouldn't mind dating a girl taller than me (well, I'd say no more than 6 inches, but most girls I know seem to be about the 5'6"-ish range), nor would I expect her to try to avoid looking "too tall" compared to me. Actually, I'd kinda like to be with a girl that's anywhere from my height to about 5'6", 5'7"; unfortunately, that seems to require TONS of charisma and confidence that I just don't have.

I think I mentioned it before, but shorter guys can date tall women (and short women for that matter), so long as they're cool with it. That seems to be the biggest issue right there. So many guys are worried about height issues that the women end up reflecting it and it ruins things. This is why some women can date one guy that's shorter, and it doesn't work out because height got in the way, but other guys that are shorter it's no big deal. I'm one of the latter. I had my fair share of taller women, up to 6'1" and all but one had a problem with it, and even she didn't mind once we moved to the bedroom. That's a funny little tension reliever right there. If you get stuck on the height thing, just crack wise how everyone's the same height when you're horizontal. Delivery & timing are everything of course.

Holy crap, 5'6 is considered short? I'm 5'4 and my guy is like, 5'3 (5'3 1/2 on a good day). Maybe it's just where I'm from that it's kind of the average height. Everyone in my school was around 5'4..

Anyways, I don't think height should matter. But if you're that uncomfortable with it, why bother? It is difficult sometimes because I feel like people see that he is a little kid. He has somewhat of an inferiority complex (I don't dare diagnose him though) and sometimes he is a jerk because people like to point out that he is short or shorter than me. I have grown to love his height. I love hugging him! The only downfall is that I can't seem to wear all my heels... I settle with flats. But it's a sacrifice I'm OK with. I wish he'd hold my hand in public, but I feel like he's embarrassed that he's "short"..

I tend to be attracted to guys that are around my height. Or about 1 or 2 inches taller than me... anything higher is just weird (to me).

If the height thing is going to make you feel awkward & you don't think you can look past it, I'd say move on. If he doesn't fit your preference, you can keep looking for a guy that does.

10 Popular Pick-Up Lines You Probab...
10 Popular Pick-Up Lines You Probably Shouldn’t Actually Try In Real Life

Archived