Match.com Suggestions

aldridal

So, for fun I decided to sign up for a link removed profile. I've gotten over 30+ views on my profile within the first 2 weeks (living in small town Iowa, there really aren't a TON of single girls my age with within a 100 mile radius), and I've talked with a few.

Here's my question though. Is it better to send a girl a "wink" first, or just go straight to e-mail? I personally find the whole winking thing kind of dumb, but I guess if it works I'd just do it.

The bad part about them is that it really has more to do with looks than your/their profile. Some of the women on these dating sites are getting TONS of winks and emails. I've talked to women who get 20+ emails a day. Forget about the winks, they will do nothing. Read the girls profile and make sure to talk about things that she has said about herself. Most of the time you should keep it short and sweet. The subject line needs to be good to separate your email from the others. There are plenty of books/websites that can help you with these online dating sites, I highly suggest you study up on it before you jump in. I hate to be this shallow, but the prettier the girl, the more attention she is getting. And understand that most of the time, unless you are very attractive or the girl is not, you will not hear back. I know this sounds really shallow, but unfortunately, it is true. Good luck.

I hate to be this shallow, but the prettier the girl, the more attention she is getting. And understand that most of the time, unless you are very attractive or the girl is not, you will not hear back. I know this sounds really shallow, but unfortunately, it is true. Good luck.

The reason I think online dating is a joke when you're in your 20s. And this coming from a guy who thinks he's relatively attractive. I still won't touch online dating with a 10 foot pole.

And don't forget, the prettier the girl, the less likely she is to be dating online in the first place. If she's really REALLY attractive, it's probably a scam bot.

My personal preference was to "wink" when you liked what you saw in general, but did not give much hope for. Perhaps you think the person is really attractive but their profile left a lot to be desired. Or their profile was very short and did not give enough information. I'd wink just to see what would come without investing much time. If they winked back, then you know at least there is some mutual interest and you can invest more time if you like.

But if I saw a woman who I thought was a great match and their profile impressed me, I went straight to e-mail to show them my interest was more than casual. I wouldn't gamble on a wink.

If she's really REALLY attractive, it's probably a scam bot.

Yeah, I had forgotten about this. I remember seeing a number of profiles that all followed the same pattern. The girl was really cute, but it was obvious that who ever was writing it was not a native english speaker. Usually they claimed to be russians that had just moved to the area. I have no proof that were cons, but sense I had seen a number of these profiles all written with so many similarities I felt something was wrong with them. Also be aware that hookers do use these sites to find johns.

My personal preference was to "wink" when you liked what you saw in general, but did not give much hope for. Perhaps you think the person is really attractive but their profile left a lot to be desired. Or their profile was very short and did not give enough information. I'd wink just to see what would come without investing much time. If they winked back, then you know at least there is some mutual interest and you can invest more time if you like.

But if I saw a woman who I thought was a great match and their profile impressed me, I went straight to e-mail to show them my interest was more than casual. I wouldn't gamble on a wink.

This is kind of the same thing that I've been doing as well. I've sent out a few winks to girls I was casually interested in, and if I heard back fine, if not, whatever.

Ironically, after my initial post, I e-mailed a girl (used a little humor, asked about her, stuff like that) and she responded with her phone number and that she "hopes to hear from me soon." And she's pretty attractive as well. Go figure.

Dating Someone Not Attracted To - D...
Dating Someone Not Attracted To - Do It!

Archived