What do you call moving on?

dr_styles
#heartbreak. How to move on after h...
#heartbreak. How to move on after heartbreak 💔

Just inspired by this and the Getting over crush thread in this subforum, I'm wondering what people here consider to be "moving/moved on". I was going to put this in the Break Up section but I figured it could be vastly different because my post is on my only experience of trying move on from a crush/rejection.

At the moment I personally consider myself having Moved On (enough anyway), in that they I am not expecting or going for anything with them, they don't influence my decision or opinion with other ladies (mini whinge: yet to have any on the decision part yet) or decisions in life anyway.

However, I still do think of her as the same nice and pretty girl as before which I'm sure is still reasonable. But I'll admit when/if I see her I will remember what happened even if it's to no consequence. And I can understand if someone told me that I haven't infact moved on for the simple fact I still think of it.

What do you guys considered done-and-dusted on your part?

I think "moving" is actually a withdrawl state. It's like you got rejected or your crush disappointed you by having dating someone else but you still have strong feelings there. You feel like there is still a chance for you with this person because you haven't quite put the rejection into much of your emotions.

"Moving on" is a state where you have realized that the crush doesn't want you or they aren't available for you to date and probably would never be. It feels like you never had the crush with the person you had the crush on.

Moving on means you willingly go on with your life as if they had never been in it. You think of them, but it really has no effect on you. They are just someone you dated once, nothing more. You are looking forward to the next adventure of your life and don't concentrate on the past. It can take awhile or you can heal very quickly. It varies from person to person.

Archived