Can anyone offer some ideas on ways to earn cash on your off hours/days???

So i work a normal 8-6 kinda job some days there isnt enough time in the day and others its dead...i work for our family business where we sale office supplies (Angels Office Supply) and yes i am the original Angel

Anyhow so ive been really racking my brain and ultimately its going to come down to just doing something and see if it hits or flops but as it is right now these are some ideas i have and if anyone wants to offer tips or something completely different that you do to make a little auxilary cash let me here it ...my goal atm is to find a means to make an extra $100 a week with about 10-15hours worth of investment.

Idea 1.) we offer a free ink and toner recycling for our business, now we can sell these to companies but its hardly worth the man time to do so these days so i was thinking i could reink and fill them up myself and sell them literally dirt cheap...talking i could make a decent profit selling them at 1/3rd the cost of the originals...i would do it as a separate entity from our office supply business though. Has anyone ever done this how tough and what are some possible bumps in the road to go about and any marketing ideas?

Idea 2.) i have a connection with an amazing artist who uses pen artwork to make amazing animals pieces that i could literally get from him for 10-15 if i was to sell them and he wouldnt force me to pay upfront but rather as I sell...i was thinking of maybe making a website for this or sell on saturdays at auction.

im just looking to find something i can get excited about that i can use my free time to make me some cash really open to any and all ideas out there.

I think idea number 2 sounds much more interesting and, for me at least, would be more motivating. Another good thing on the second idea is you can grow it over time... not just work from your one artist friend but with others too... so it offers more potential down the road.

i only work part time for my family business and due to the bad economy right now i've been making less money, so i started selling my own art on the side and not only does it give me a great repertoire i also have made a lot of money.

it's definitely putting food on the table & paying bills i otherwise wouldn't be able to pay.

if you're thinking of making a second job for yourself aside from the family business, make it something fun that you honestly enjoy & would love to do! it's the best decision i ever made. i think the latter is a great idea!

i only work part time for my family business and due to the bad economy right now i've been making less money, so i started selling my own art on the side and not only does it give me a great repertoire i also have made a lot of money.

it's definitely putting food on the table & paying bills i otherwise wouldn't be able to pay.

if you're thinking of making a second job for yourself aside from the family business, make it something fun that you honestly enjoy & would love to do! it's the best decision i ever made. i think the latter is a great idea!

i enjoy art but im not particularly skilled...how did u go about marketing your art?

Your idea 1 isn't that bad in theory. However; you need to underestand that inside each ink cartridge there is a sponge and if it dries out then thats it the caratridge is garbage. Now if your were to do that then it would classified as a remanufactured cartridge and you might run into some legal problems from the manufactures reselling them.

What you could do is take idea 1 and kinda flip it. You could offer a cartidge refilling service. If you guys have a store then maybe at the store, or the you could go into the companies office and refill them. Not much money to be made if you have to run around refilling cartdiges but heck people like getting them refilled instead of purchasing a new one since it it exepnsive.

Do you have any skills/talents that you could possible turn into a business?

Yeah, my dad's friend's business is recycling ink cartridges and while it sounds like good business, there are two major stumbling blocks. One was already mentioned: legal boundaries. Second is customers filing complaints. Granted, the customers ought to be aware that 'recycled' means you are paying cheaper prices but there are possibilities of the ink cartridge not working properly. But some customers are stubborn...they want everything working, so you'd have to take them back, which means you are losing money and making replacements for these type of customers.

If you want to sell some stuff on ebay you could get some of the office supplies that you sell at work, that doesn't sell, and sell on ebay. Or you could purchase some products off a wholesale lot on ebay and then split some of the products off and sell them as individual items.

1Hr Workday Review
1Hr Workday Review

Archived