There are many kinds of fasts. However, I think the best kind usually last longer then 24 hours. Although this belongs in the diet section, you might want to read Fat Flush. It's a pretty excellent cleanse that will still allow you to function, but it will help you to clean all the toxins out of your body.

I think fasting for a few days is a good idea. Done once every few months is NOT going to hurt you. There are many kinds of fasts..a strictly water fast, a juice fast, a raw fruit and veggie fast...pick what works best for you without causing any health related issues. I would opt for a three day juice and water fast..only because the thought water only makes me cringe lol. Or a water only one day fast and then add juices the next two days...the options are endless.

i think fasting is a joke.

if you are eating right then there is no reason to 'cleanse' yourself.

reenacting starvation doesnt sound 'healthy' to me.

There are different kinds of fasting, and the detox stuff is no joke. It works. I've never felt better mentally or physically then I have when I'm 3 or 4 days off of a 10 day detox. A true fast, although it might have some similar effects to an ultra-low glycemic diet that includes no margarine, alcohol, sugar, oils or fats (except flaxseed oil), grains, bread, cereal, starchy vegetables, dairy products, does seem a little pointless though when you can get the same effect and not starve yourself.

Some of my very best physical accomplishments ever have been post fast, after I got my strength back.

Archived