This is making me crazy.

Rose21

I agree, if you don't like the threads just don't answer!

I don't agree. It isn't about 'not liking a thread'. It is more about if it is a topic that is on the top of the page, or anywhere on the forum, a person has a right to respond even if the response is not one in agreement. That is what makes a forum interactive. Some threads I respond to i absolutely agree with the OP and will give my statements to support that. If I don't agree, I will also give statements that support why I don't.

I don't understand that whole "if you don't like a thread don't respond'. IT is rarely about a person not liking a thread. They might have an opinion they would LIKE to interject that just doesn't happen to go with the flow or is an opposing view. A forum would cease to exist if contrary opinions were not allowed.

If i don't agree with a topic, I still might like to post my thoughts on it...but I will keep it in line and within the rules. I see mods and members do that, so I am sure it is ok.

I post on Rose's threads sometimes because they get a lot of traffic and more dialogue seems to be going on, and sometimes I ring in my thoughts....that is what forums are about. I like to think I have given her a lot of food for thought even tho it was not always in support of her original stance. I think Rose has learned a TON from those opposing views (not just mine, all of them), so no, I don't agree with the whole "just don't post" mindset.

The only reason Rose gets a lot of responses is because she creates a lot of threads. It is a sheer numbers game...those people here who create the most threads always get the most responses.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't agree. It isn't about 'not liking a thread'. It is more about if it is a topic that is on the top of the page, or anywhere on the forum, a person has a right to respond even if the response is not one in agreement. That is what makes a forum interactive. Some threads I respond to i absolutely agree with the OP and will give my statements to support that. If I don't agree, I will also give statements that support why I don't.

Well this might not be the case for you, you want to help rose so you give your comments and probably enjoy the threads to a degree. But some posters reply to the thread and then nag about the subject and why the thread is still going on! My point is if you don't like the fact that her threads tends to get heavy, if you think this subject has been on forever and getting repeated, Don't contribute to it in the first place so that it doesn't get this long. Rose was given similar advice again and again, personally I would not bother posting again if I said my opinion once, I think it is better to put your energy and time helping some members that are in "need help" section rather than one person that has already been enlightened by most members.

I think these threads get long because half of them are on some discussion of why somebody shoudln't have said somethign to Rose But ironically the people having that conversation on each thread keep changing! So it is like the same movie, with new visiting characters each time..

Like I said before, I personally think there's a nastiness going on with some of the replies to Rose's threads - I read a lot of them when I was off sick, and sometimes it almost feels like mobbing. She gets criticised for stuff she's not even posting about, it's not a very nice vibe. I think if someone irritates you that much, then back off. Some of the replies feel very passive-aggressive, and it made me uncomfortable when I read a lot of her old threads. It's not a great dynamic, no matter how people dress it up.

Just my thoughts....and not singling any one in particular, it's kind of a mob thing. For some reason, Rose gets people going here, and she cops for a LOT of criticism about topics she's not seeking advice about.

I didn't have time to read ALL of the posts, but Rose...and not to be nosey or anything...did you find out why your bf didn't return your call? Just out of curiosity, and if you did find out, how do you feel about the entire situation now and how it could have been handled?

Yeah I found out why he didn't return it.

He was doing english homework, and he said his phone got turned to silent when he left class. He was caught up in the english homework and wasn't keeping track of time (he does that) and when I called he didn't here the phone.

Finally, he checked the phone and saw I called, that's when he called me back and he apologized.

Yeah I found out why he didn't return it.

He was doing english homework, and he said his phone got turned to silent when he left class. He was caught up in the english homework and wasn't keeping track of time (he does that) and when I called he didn't here the phone.

Finally, he checked the phone and saw I called, that's when he called me back and he apologized.

And you won't freak out next time?

But some posters reply to the thread and then nag about the subject and why the thread is still going on!

I think if someone irritates you that much, then back off. Some of the replies feel very passive-aggressive, and it made me uncomfortable when I read a lot of her old threads.

Yes, the problem is not that people respond or don't. The problem is when people respond and then get defensive or frustrated about the OP not taking their advice or perceiving the OP is not listening to them.

The OP has a right to start a thread. Everyone has a right to respond. But no one is under any obligation to either respond to responses and/or accept the advice.

My advice would be, if you are getting frustrated or feel you aren't getting through, bail out.

I don't and never have had any problem with people giving advice that may either be not popular or what the OP want to hear.

No. The exception is advice from a mod because we are all wise and powerful.

But advice from everyone else feel free to take or leave!

Are the mods like the wizard in the Wizard of Oz where he's hyped up to be this huge, scary being and then it turns out he's just a little man behind a curtain?

Archived