OMG Boobs

hers

randomly i decided yesterday that i was going to get my girls measured to get a new bra, as the one i normally wear is about 3 years old (classy, right?). that particular bra was a 36C. my boobs didn't look great in it--it clearly wasn't doing its job. it also doesn't have underwire--i don't like the wire bras b/c my boobs push it down into the skin.

so i go to a department store and ask the cute little old lady to measure me. turns out i'm a 34DD! seriously, i don't think my boobs are that big! but she showed me how i'm supposed to wear the bras, what is too tight and too loose, how the front should look, how to adjust the straps. she also talked to me about the underwire and said the reason the wire is so uncomfortable for me is that i haven't been wearing the right size or wearing one correctly for years. you'd think after 15 years of having these bad boys that i'd know how to wear a bra, but i was clueless!

so i leave with a 34DD (underwire) bra strapped to my big puppies and it was so comfortable. i felt like i could live in that bra. too bad it was only $10 bra and that little old lady works on commission and had to stare at my girls for a 1/2 hour. i felt like i shoudl've tipped her.

ok so the point of this thread--girls, get your boobies measured if your bras aren't working for you. you may be amazed!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'd love to get sized but i'd be too shy to have someone stare at them for so long haha.

she measured me with my bra on, so that wasn't so bad. when she handed me bras to put on, i was embarrassed and turned around--told her guys don't even see my boobs while i'm standing! she said it's just like being at the doctor's office, but even then i'm embarrassed. she never saw them straight bare but it wasn't bad.

This happened to me too. I thought I was a 36C but when I got measure I was actually a 34D. Apparently I had no idea what size I was all these years. A lot of women dont & wear the wrong bra size, which isn't good for many reason.

Glad you got it done!

This happened to me too. I thought I was a 36C but when I got measure I was actually a 34D. Apparently I had no idea what size I was all these years. A lot of women dont & wear the wrong bra size, which isn't good for many reason.

Glad you got it done!

Apparently those sizes are interchangeable though.

I am a 34D, but was also told that a 36C would work as well. And I have often flipfloped between those two sizes, just depends on the style and sometimes one size worked better than the other.

I am a 34D, but was also told that a 36C would work as well. And I have often flipfloped between those two sizes, just depends on the style and sometimes one size worked better than the other.

That could be very true, but I feel so much more comfortable in the 34D.

the lady told me that a 36D would probably work too, so we tried on a 36D and a 34DD. the 36D didn't fit me as well as the 34DD. we tried on a few differnt brands--she said the brand of bra has something to do with it too when you can wear a few different sizes.

No, they are not interchangeable (36c and 34d). Technically, you can always go a size up in the band/size down in the cup at the same time. You can technically wear it, but it will shift around after awhile and not be as comfortable. I had to go to british bras because they make bands smaller than a 32. I had to go up to a cup size that SOUNDS gigantic, but am really satisfied with the fit and I look "in proportion"

I know what you mean about the underwire types.. Sometimes.. they even come out of their bra pockets and start stabbing you in the boob.. well, the old ones do... but i've had a few good bras for a few years too.

Yeah.. it's true.. good to get measured again if you have lost or gained weight..

I've gained weight this last year and my bras don't seem to fit that great anymore either.. and if you are wearing a bra and it looks like your boobs are some puppies trying to escape from your bra under your shirt.. it's good time to have them measured cuz bra is probalby too small for you..

I may go shopping for new bra soon, but plan to lose about 10 lbs.. so... that might put me back into a size smaller...

I wouldn't want someone seeing my bare boobs though while I was trying on bras.. Couldn't you just close the curtain and then tell the woman you were ready to be measured again??? So.. did you get the ones with the underwire support?

Think once you are a C cup.. you definitely need some support...

it was in a measuring room, so just me, her, a mirror, and a hook. i mean, i shoudln't be embarrassed, as it's her job and she sees boobs all day, but i'm just weird.

i know what you mean about the wire that escapes and stabs you to death in the boob. not fun.

i got a 34dd bra with underwire. i'm currently trying to lose weight (i'm 5'0", 160 lbs...not good) and have been working out daily for the past 8 days. i didn't want to buy an expensive bra if i may be losing weight. the last time i bought a bra, i was maybe 140lbs, so i definitely needed something better.

my boobs have sagged since i grew them at 11. i've always hated it. it embarrasses me. that's why the wire has always been uncomfortable--b/c they push the wire down. the bra i bought, i'm actually wearing correctly, according to that lady, and it doesn't feel like they're pushing it down now.

I don't buy the "interchangeable" thing and I think stores only use it if they don't carry your size. I'm a 32DDD and I was told I could wear a 34DD. Well, the thing is a 34 is huge on me, so I get absolutely no support around my ribcage, where 80% of the support is supposed to come from. Then I end up with saggers. I mean, sure you can get much nicer bras that are 34DD's and I wish I was that size, but I'm not and NO it doesn't fit.

I don't buy the "interchangeable" thing and I think stores only use it if they don't carry your size. I'm a 32DDD and I was told I could wear a 34DD. Well, the thing is a 34 is huge on me, so I get absolutely no support around my ribcage, where 80% of the support is supposed to come from. Then I end up with saggers. I mean, sure you can get much nicer bras that are 34DD's and I wish I was that size, but I'm not and NO it doesn't fit.

the interchangeable thing doesn't make sense to me either. because the band 32/34/36 part is of your RIBCAGE and the A, B, C, D is the actual CUP size, like your boobs... so it totally doesn't make sense but it does somewhat fit.

the interchangeable thing doesn't make sense to me either. because the band 32/34/36 part is of your RIBCAGE and the A, B, C, D is the actual CUP size, like your boobs... so it totally doesn't make sense but it does somewhat fit.

right. the 36d was also my "size" but it just wasnt fitting me right. she said next time i go for a bra, try that size and the 34dd and told me what to look for in each one but she recommends 34dd for me over 36d

right. the 36d was also my "size" but it just wasnt fitting me right. she said next time i go for a bra, try that size and the 34dd and told me what to look for in each one but she recommends 34dd for me over 36d

I think it's better to go for a more snug fit anyway because the fabric stretches after a couple of washes.

i learned a way to measure yourself, if anybody doesn't want to go to a store (i think i'm correct BUT if not, i'm sure there is info somewhere online if you google it.)

take a tape-measure, and measure the area right below your boobs, around to your back. this is going to be your numerical size (if it's 34 inches, for example, then you're a 34.) then measure again from the middle of your boobs (accross the nipples for most people) and around to your back again. the difference between the two measurements will be your cup size. SO for example, you measure a 34 and a 37.... you will be a 34 C (there is a three inch difference, each inch is a cup size.) I think that AA is half an inch? I'm pretty sure I'm a 34 C, but I haven't done it in awhile.

i learned a way to measure yourself, if anybody doesn't want to go to a store (i think i'm correct BUT if not, i'm sure there is info somewhere online if you google it.)

take a tape-measure, and measure the area right below your boobs, around to your back. this is going to be your numerical size (if it's 34 inches, for example, then you're a 34.) then measure again from the middle of your boobs (accross the nipples for most people) and around to your back again. the difference between the two measurements will be your cup size. SO for example, you measure a 34 and a 37.... you will be a 34 C (there is a three inch difference, each inch is a cup size.) I think that AA is half an inch? I'm pretty sure I'm a 34 C, but I haven't done it in awhile.

i've heard something like that too. thanks for this1

^ i thought you were supposed to measure the area above your breasts? not below?? i heard two different things. and i get 2 different numbers for both.

hmm, i heard below, since that is where the underwire ususally lays and where youre boobs have a definite end (cuz who can say where they really BEGIN up top?) i could be wrong, but that's the way i've done it and was taught to do it.

hmm, i heard below, since that is where the underwire ususally lays and where youre boobs have a definite end (cuz who can say where they really BEGIN up top?) i could be wrong, but that's the way i've done it and was taught to do it.

yea i've heard it being both ways. but i don't know why i get different numbers. which is more accurate? are you supposed to add 5 inches to the underbust measurement?

Archived